Communications Apprenticeship at SageTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Sage
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are really proud of our Apprenticeship programmes, offering opportunities across many functions. Our Apprentices make up a vital part of our team and are given real responsibility along with support and coaching throughout the apprenticeship. As a Sage apprentice, you will have an exciting induction event, soft skill training throughout the year dedicated to apprentices, take part in Sage Foundation days to support our charities and even have a party at the end of the scheme to celebrate all of your amazing achievements.
The role of the Communications apprentice is to support the UKI comms team in its external and internal communications activity. This varied role will work with the marketing team and other areas of the business in the UK to support the execution of communications activity to an excellent standard and timely fashion.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;
- uploading content such as blog posts, press room content and intranet updates
- arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes;
- arranging both in-house and external events
- raising reqs and managing purchase orders;
- liaising with colleagues and external contacts to book travel and accommodation;
- supporting internal campaigns such as liaising with other office locations, booking communications channels, liaising with procurement and sourcing promotional items
- Sourcing case studies and stats
- Supporting survey creation
Key performance indicators:
- Consistent and increasing Share of Voice in Earned Media
- High engagement in internal comms content
- Slick running of the team
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc.,
- Keen interest in new and emerging technology
- Familiarity with publications like Venture Beat, Recode, TechCrunch, Axios etc
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Understanding of why technologies like IoT, Artificial intelligence and virtual/augmented reality
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person start-ups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.