Data Software Engineering Apprenticeship
You will be part of one of our Research and Development (R&D) teams who support the innovation, discovery and development of differentiated, high-quality and needed medicines that are bringing transformational benefits to patients. The Data Systems Engineering apprentice role is based at our Oral Solid Dose pilot plant at Ware which supports the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products for clinical trials and process development, through the maintenance and development of our quality compliant Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems.
On our 4 ½ year scheme you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Bachelors’s degree (BSc) in Digital and Technology Solutions.
The key tasks will be:
- Contributing to the administrative maintenance of large complex control system in order to ensure ongoing quality compliance to current regulatory standards.
- Liaising with pilot plant stakeholders and customers to support them in the introduction of new machinery to the plant and its addition to the control system.
- Making changes to system configuration, coding, graphic design, and data capture storage and visualisation in support of upgrades and additions.
- Supporting daily plant operations by responding to a wide range of hardware and software issues, fault finding and fixing.
- Ensuring system security is always maintained through understanding and implementing network design and segregation, access control, monitoring, reporting, patching and disaster recovery standards.
- Maintaining quality compliance throughout the system validation lifecycle with involvement in requirement gathering, planning, designing, testing and in-use activities such as data integrity, auditing, and change control management
- Improving the availability of useful process and facility data for a variety of users through the provision of the right data and the tools to visual it.
If you are offered a role; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship. Working with both your Line and Programme Manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
- A competitive base salary of £17,000
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
- Access to employee health and well-being programmes
- A fully-sponsored Bachelor’s degree qualification
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for GSK
Latests jobs from GSK
Bradley & Peter
Artwork and Design Apprentices
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork...