Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship at Amazon
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship
Amazon and COVID19
Safety is our priority. We are interviewing virtually for this role (and wherever possible).
Learn As You Earn – Life changing careers with Amazon Apprenticeships
A qualification and a career at the same time? That’s a bit like having your cake and eating it, right? But it really doesn’t have to be one or the other. Learning and earning within an apprenticeship means you get both – a qualification and a career.
Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills.
Our European Operations Teams are crucial in ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent.
Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
About the role:
We are looking for an exceptionally talented, bright and driven people to join our Operations Teams to complete the Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship (CMDA) at one of our Fulfilment Centres in England. Delivered over 36 months with three 30-credit units each year studied at Manchester Metropolitan University over three week-long blocks per year. As well as attendance at University participants will develop their skills in the work place supported by an Amazon mentor and a University Skills Coach who will provide support to effectively embed learning within managerial practice. The programme will leave graduates with the experience and competence necessary to take successful long-term managerial responsibility for people, projects, operations and services within the business.
The early units provide an introduction to strategic leadership, operations and technology, sales, marketing and business finance. Apprentices will be encouraged to demonstrate how they can apply these skills and worldwide best practice at work.
Later units explore project management, strategy, and digital technologies in business & leadership techniques. Apprentices will reconcile their learning at the end of the final year with a substantial work-based project and through the creation of a business portfolio, demonstrating the way in which they have continually applied their knowledge directly to the context of Amazon operations.
Learning ‘on the job’ is a crucial part of any apprenticeship and up to 80% of the time participants will spend working as an Operations Team Lead. External applicants & internal applicants who are currently in a different role will take up a role of Operations Team Lead for the duration of the apprenticeship while current Amazon Operations Team Leads will continue to work in their current role and will be allocated time off task (to attend the required workshops, webinars, as well as to research and develop their apprenticeship portfolio).
Working with a Line Manager and with line operators, you will work closely to ensure that the assigned department is performing in line with the plan and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
Each learner will have a bespoke workplace placement plan, spending time working in support functions such as Procurement, Quality and, HR to broaden their business knowledge. Dedicated time each week will be set aside to complete apprenticeship wok such as research, assignment writing, webinar/online learning activities and portfolio compilation.
- Create and cultivate a safety culture by identifying safety opportunities across your work area
- Ensure that customer orders are fulfilled per quality guidelines
- Ensure that all apprenticeship activities are completed in the required timescale
- Continuously provide critical shift related information to frontline management and operators
- Adjust labour allocation within assigned department throughout the shift per latest plan
- Drive proactive actions as communicated by manager to remove barriers impacting good shift performance
- Engage with support functions and/or other departments to address common issues or needs in key areas of performance e.g. process area readiness, 5S, safety, training
- Support customers’ order fulfillment by working directly and on a regular basis on operations tasks within your department
- Deliver coaching and feedback to line operators related to productivity and quality performance, and safe behaviors
- Develop subject matter expertise on all operations processes in assigned department
For the apprenticeship program we prioritize applicants eligible to government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
- Have lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years,
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program,
- If you already have a higher degree, or are studying towards a higher degree, in the same field or a related one, you will not be eligible to this apprenticeship.
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending August 2021 or later.
- You will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date,
- 2 A levels at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths or a Science/Technology subject or Business
- plus a HND in a business management related subject
- OR 2 A levels at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths or a Science/Technology subject or Business plus a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a supervisory role in a manufacturing or process environment
If you have received educational qualifications outside of the UK then we will require a Statement of Comparability to confirm your eligibility for the scheme. Please ensure you obtain one during the application process, through UK NARIC.
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business,
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines,
- You have a hands-on attitude, be flexible, adaptable and proactive,
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service and excellent customer facing skills,
- You seek and respond well to feedback
- You have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the program:
- You have previous experience of working in a supervisory role
- You have completed an apprenticeship below level 6
- You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment,
- You are able to demonstrate drive and passion.
All our apprenticeships are paid. Compensation may vary by program and location, but is always competitive.
Your recruitment process will start with your online application (providing your CV as well as answering questions about the above basic qualifications) and will then take you onto online testing.
As a last step, we will invite successful candidates to an assessment center where they will participate in a group exercise, execute a practical exercise and get a chance to present their profile, motivation and skills 1-on-1 during interviews or presentations.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.