Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship at The AA
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with The AA
Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship
Location: Tunbridge Wells/Working from home options
Salary: £12,000 (with potential to increase to £14,000 after 6 months) + excellent benefits
Contract: 18 months fixed term contract/secondment with a view to perm
Here at the AA and as part of our Insurance Claims business in Tunbridge Wells, we are looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic Data Analyst Apprentice to join us. This will be our first apprentice to join the Insurance Claims function, and we are very excited to start this venture with an ambitious candidate who would like to kick start their career in both Data and the Insurance industry!
There’s more to the AA than you think!
You may be surprised to learn that the AA are not just about the yellow vans that recover broken down vehicles, the AA provide a whole host of services and products including driving lessons, loans, travel services (road maps, general motoring advice) as well as car insurance (and soon to be launching our home insurance proposition).
The Insurance Claims function is predominantly based out of our Tunbridge Wells offices and you will be joining a friendly and outgoing team, where everyone works together and supports one another and with a strong social community. It’s also one of the fastest growing areas in the AA business.
Gary, the recruiting manager for the role says.. “This is a really exciting opportunity to discover new talent within the world of data analysis. I myself started within the claims department and developed my skills from a basic understanding of Excel, to creating interactive dashboards and writing code. I have now been working within the data analysis environment for 10 years. I joined the AA in 2015, before we had even taken our first claim, and it would be an understatement to say we have come a long way in that time. Our business thrives on development and moving forward which makes the role rewarding. I am looking forward to welcoming our apprentice into our journey and developing our skills as a department”.
So, what is the qualification I will be gaining?
Data Analyst Level 4 (equivalent to foundation degree level).
How long will it take me to complete?
About 12/18 months.
Do I do my day job alongside the qualification?
Absolutely, yes, you will receive a blend of on-the-job training as well as the formal qualification training.
What are the career opportunities after qualifying?
Depending on your goals, you could progress to a higher/degree level Data Analytics qualification as well as permanent employment.
Are there any qualifications I need in order to start this qualification?
Yes, see under ‘what do I need’.
Starting to sound like you…?
You may have completed your A levels last year and in your first role or perhaps still looking for the right opportunity that will help you get on the road to your career in Data… or you may not have thought of Data until now, maybe you are a whizz with numbers, love the detail and figuring out problems where numbers or data will give you the answers…
This is the job
These will be the key parts to your daily role:
- Analysis of claims information to monitor accuracy
- Liaising with departments to ensure data is accurate and presented correctly
- Reporting any inconstancies with data input processes
- Assisting the team with weekly and monthly reports
- Assisting the configuration team with the administration of IT support tickets
What do I need?
- You must already have 2 A levels (including either Maths or ICT)
- OR a level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits) in ICT
- AND GCSE English & Maths at grade C or above (or new GSCE grade equivalent grade 4 or higher) or equivalent qualification
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- You must NOT hold an existing qualification at the same level or higher as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
As well as the above we are also looking for:
- An ambitious and committed individual
- Good communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A love for problem solving
- Good knowledge of MS Office programmes, especially Excel
- A dedicated learner
Why you should work for us
As well as the excellent training you will receive within your apprenticeship programme we like to invest in our talent and to reward great work we offer a range of rewards and benefits such as pension, 25 days holiday and various discounts on AA product.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.