Engineering Degree Apprenticeship at Siemens Healthineers
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Siemens Healthineers
Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Eynsham. Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
This is a fantastic challenge for any student to enter the world of Siemens medical devices and understand the world of product design and manufacturing in accordance with FDA regulations. This apprenticeship will allow the candidate to work with the Electronics & Software Engineering team to not only develop basic core skills but also develop the understanding for the Development of the Control Systems for Superconducting MRI Magnets and have a good understanding of all aspects of company departments.
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2021 and will complete a 4-year Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship in Electronic Engineering.
Your mission and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Electronics & Software Engineering Manager you will be expected to:
- Work as part of a team to support and develop the design and manufacture of control electronics and software for superconducting magnets.
- Work independently on projects to improve current designs and processes. Carrying out design work, conducting experiments, analysing results and reporting on conclusions, both in written reports and verbally in meetings.
- Understand and follow the site Ergonomic, Health and Safety policy.
- Understand and demonstrate Siemens Quality Policy and systems.
- Learn and develop an understanding of key departments within Siemens and develop a broad range of essential skills and knowledge.
- Understand and demonstrate how to project manage a project to completion.
You will have the ability to develop your business competences and functional knowledge including:
- Learn how to lead a meeting and develop project management skills
- Develop an understanding of electronic/mechanical design, manufacture & test
- Maintain quality awareness.
- Understand how to correctly use Electronics and Software design tools.
- Understand how to correctly use tools and Diagnostic tools for fault diagnosis and repairs.
- Gain drawing knowledge and develop how to read and understand technical drawings
Your qualifications and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Desire to develop skills in engineering and specifically the electronics & software disciplines
- Demonstrate a strong interest in digitalisation
You must have:
- Minimum of five GCSEs at A*– C / 9 - 5 (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Educated to A Level standard (including a B grade in Maths or one other relevant subject) or relevant BTEC Engineering Qualification at Grade Merit Merit
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What’s the application process?
On applying for the role, you’ll be taken through the following 3-stage process:
1. Online application – Please complete our online application and submit you CV, which will then be screened by our Talent Acquisition team.
2. Gamified assessment – You will be required to complete a 30-minute online test that assesses your skills and cognitive ability.
3. Assessment centre - If you're successful, you'll be invited to a virtual assessment centre including a strengths-based interview and group exercise.
During the process, we're looking at your overall skills and personality so the best you can do is to simply be yourself. Remember, it's as much of an opportunity for you to get to know us, as well as allowing us to get to know you - it's very much a two-way process.
We offer a comprehensive rewards package which includes:
- A competitive apprenticeship salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days annual holidays
- Subsidised restaurant and on-site gym
- Access to our flexible benefits including private healthcare, dental cover, and many more
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking with strong commuter links to the surrounding area; and a bus stop on our doorstep.
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of graduate and early career professionals.
About Siemens Healthineers:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
In Oxford, Siemens Magnet Technology design and manufacture superconducting magnets for MRI systems. We are the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. Find further information about our products and services here.
Being part of our team:
Our success comes from our people – we are around 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries who are passionate about innovating the future of healthcare. You can hear directly from our current and past apprentices on our careers page.
Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.