IT Degree Apprenticeship at Ford
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
IT Degree Apprenticeship
Ford has unique Apprenticeship opportunities and we are looking for exceptional candidates to fill them. This is your opportunity to become a member of our professional team in one of the world’s biggest automotive manufacturers and most recognised brands.
About the role
- Your on the job training will take place at the relevant Ford operation (Dunton or Dagenham)
- Four year scheme leading to a full university degree, opening up many opportunities for the future
Initially this will be within the Software Development Organisation with progression to;
- Business facing teams planning future IT / strategy and projects
- Operations teams entrusted with running our most critical systems day to day
- Our banking subsidiary Ford Credit, where you experience the full use of end-to-end IT
What’s in it for you?
A Degree Apprenticeship with Ford Motor Company is an exciting opportunity to pursue practical work experience using world class technologies and processes, alongside academic learning.
- Great salary increasing year on year
- Annual holiday entitlement of twenty six days
- Access to our Employment Development and Assistance Programme (EDAP), which provides up to £300 per year for non-job-specific education, training and development
- An opportunity to access the Company’s Privilege scheme, which enables the purchase of Ford vehicles at a discount
- A good pension scheme
What will you gain?
You will complete a four year programme for the attainment of:
- Information Technology consists of BSc (Honours) Digital and Technology Solutions
Who we’re looking for
To become part of our team, you will need:
A minimum of 5 GCSE grades, including:
- English at grade B (Level 5/6)
- Maths at grade B (Level 5/6)
- Physics or Double Science at Grade B (Level 5/6)
3 A Levels or equivalent at BCC (equal to 104 UCAS points), including
- a Science or Technology related subject
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that learning in the workplace
- Willingness to work flexibly, encompassing both academic & work environments
- A strong drive to understand the occupational values of your chosen pathway, make improvements and solve problems
- Willingness to work hard with enthusiasm
- Able to communicate and work effectively with a range of people
- Demonstration of leadership abilities in personal achievements
Ford is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or harassment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief, gender reassignment and gender identity, age and those with caring responsibilities.
Are you looking to ‘Go Further’ with Ford?
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Michigan, manufactures or distributes vehicles across six continents. With about 202,000 employees and about 65 plants worldwide, the UK is one of our most important markets outside the US, where we employ over 13,000 individuals.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.