Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Technician – Level 2/3 Apprenticeship – Northwood HQ, Middlesex at SkanskaTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Technician – Level 2/3 Apprenticeship – Northwood HQ, Middlesex
Our apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college qualification while putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training.
Our Building Services Facilities Management team provides mechanical and electrical maintenance services to hospitals, schools, MOD sites and other commercial buildings across the UK to make sure they are safe.
As an Apprentice Mechanical and Electrical Technician, you will be working as part of a team of engineers ensuring safety and comfort of the building users by carrying out planned and emergency break down maintenance to electrical and mechanical plant & equipment.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Work alongside a Mechanical Engineer and learn to complete general plumbing tasks such as fixing sinks, taps, toilets, showers and baths. You will also learn to maintain and service heating, water, waste, drainage, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Work alongside an Electrical Engineer and learn tasks such as carrying out small electrical installation works, generator testing, rectifying power loss, emergency light testing, finding lighting faults and changing plug sockets and switches
- Learn to understand and complete building maintenance-related documentation
- Attend college 1 day per week to study service and maintenance techniques associated with industrial and commercial mechanical and electrical systems such as heating and ventilation, air and water systems. You will work with our experienced technicians for the remaining 4 days of the week
Working environment: Large military base situated in Northwood (North West London). You will be on your feet most of the day and you will be using tools to carry out maintenance tasks. There is parking on site and the nearest train station is Northwood on the Metropolitan line.
What we offer:
- Through day release to college (West Herts or Oaklands College), Skanska will provide support and funding to help you achieve a Level 3 qualification in Building Services Engineering service and maintenance
- Line manager, buddy and wider Skanska support to help you succeed
- A competitive apprentice salary and benefits
Who you are:
- You will be required to hold GCSEs in Maths and English at grade 9 to 4 or equivalent
- Have a genuine interest in mechanical and electrical hands-on engineering
- Enthusiastic to learn
Due to the nature of the facility (Northwood HQ), you will need to undergo security clearance before starting your apprenticeship. You will need to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years and have a clean criminal record.
Start date: September 2021
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.