Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3) – Walsall Manor Hospital at SkanskaTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3) – Walsall Manor Hospital
Our apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college qualification while earning and putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training.
Join in us as Business Administrator, you will become a key part of our facilities management team providing mechanical and electrical maintenance services to Walsall Manor Hospital. You will be based with our helpdesk and administration team, ensuring that all aspects of the function are undertaken in a professional and customer focused manner. You will be part of the efforts to keep the hospital a safe and comfortable place for patients, staff and visitors.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Carry out helpdesk tasks, including answering calls and responding to queries
- Assign tasks (breakdown and planned maintenance) to our electrical and mechanical engineers
- Some of our maintenance tasks are completed by contractors and suppliers rather than our staff. You will be raising requests for these works to be carried out
- Check if assigned tasks have been completed and if all necessary documentation has been attached to our system. You will be updating the system daily, highlight and follow up on any reactive and planned maintenance tasks that have not been completed
- Provide excellent customer service
- Formulating and analysing data using Excel and other site programmes
- Support the Operations and Administration Manager with any ad-hoc office administration tasks
- Use our specialist CAFM (Computer Aided Facilities Management) software system
- Spend 20% of your working hours by studying towards a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
What we offer:
- Support and funding to achieve a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
- Line manager, buddy and wider Skanska support to help you succeed
- A competitive apprentice salary and benefits
Who you are:
- You will be required to hold 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade 9 to 4 (or equivalent A* - C)
- Able to work with MS Office packages
- Someone with good communication skills and attention to detail
Start date: July 2021
Working environment: Small office within the Walsall Manor Hospital – we will be happy to share with you how we are keeping our employees safe during Covid-19
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.