Mechanical and Electrical Project Engineering – Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) – London at SkanskaTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Mechanical and Electrical Project Engineering – Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) – London
Our apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college or university qualification while putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training.
Our Building Services team in London are looking for a Mechanical and Electrical Project Engineer Apprentice to help us with engineering issues that arise during the pre-construction and construction processes at our building sites. You will work on residential and commercial buildings in London, learning how to design, plan and oversee the installation of mechanical and electrical installation packages. You will be able to choose to specialise in either mechanical or electrical engineering, however, you will learn both disciplines initially. You will be involved in design, planning, health & safety, site operations and commercial tasks.
What you’ll learn:
- Oversee the installation of mechanical and electrical packages such as lighting, power, distribution boards, transformers, lifts, fire sprinkles, ductwork, gas work, fan coil units, chillers and other services needed to bring a building to life
- Co-ordinate mechanical and electrical site activities with our sub-contractors to make sure works get done safely, on time and to meet environmental legislation
- Draw up plans using CAD (computed aided system) and BIM (building information modelling) software
- Communicate with the wider site team to ensure a joined up approach and respond to changes
- Assist with estimating and tenders in the pre-construction stage
- Site and site office in central London, however, sometimes we may have development opportunities outside of London and it would be great if you were prepared to be mobile. We would, of course, consider your home location and personal circumstances before making any decisions.
- You will study a Level 4 Building Services Engineering Technician course at London South Bank University on a day release. You will work 4 days a week and attend University once a week. After completing Level 4, you can progress onto a Level 6 Building Services Engineering degree course.
Who you are:
- Entry criteria for a Level 4 Building Services Engineering course are A-Level (EEE) or BTEC National Diploma or an equivalent Level 3 qualification worth 64 UCAS points. Your level 3 qualification must include Maths or Physics
- Genuinely interested in Mechanical or Electrical engineering within the construction industry
- Enthusiastic to learn
What we offer:
- Through day release (one day per week), Skanska will provide funding to help you achieve a Level 4 qualification in Building Services Engineering
- Line manager, buddy and wider Skanska support to help you succeed
- A competitive apprentice salary and other benefits
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
We believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.