Document Controller – Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3) – Central London at SkanskaTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Document Controller – Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3) – Central London
Our apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college qualification while putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training.
As a Document Controller, you will be helping our Building team to deliver buildings that improve communities and enhance lives across the UK.
Our Document Controllers are key parts of the team ensuring the building is constructed correctly by ensuring the correct documents are available to the right people at the right time.
The Building team’s award-winning public-sector projects include Bath Spa University, the Royal London Hospital and Bristol schools. In the private sector, our focus is on commercial and mixed-use buildings. Our expertise in London has created a portfolio that includes some of the capital’s iconic buildings, such as The Gherkin and Heron Tower.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Undertaking digital document control activities for the company, including establishing and following document control procedures, document release and publishing, query handling, management of transmittals and library management.
- Compliance checking and data management regarding document numbering, the application of metadata, and work with Electronic Data Management Systems (EDMS)
- Organizing and keeping files, handling site documentation and updating registers on various project EDMS (Electronic Data Management System) such as View Point or Aconnex
- Cooperating and communicating with colleagues and solving problems in the use of project Electronic Data Management System
- Provide technical and documental support to others in the office to maintain an efficient project delivery
What we offer:
- Line manager. buddy and wider Skanska support to help you suceed
- Funding to help you achieve your Level 3 Business Administration qualification
- A competitive apprentice salary and benefits, including London travel allowance
Who you are:
- You will be required to hold 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade 9 to 4 or equivalent
- Comfortable to work with MS Office packages and our Electronic Data Management Systems
- Someone with good communication skills and attention to detail
Working environment: office based, central London - Moorgate
Start date: September 2021
Skanska UK reserve the right to close this advert at any time before the closing date advertised.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
We believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.