Construction Site Management - Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) – Bristol at SkanskaTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Construction Site Management - Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) – Bristol
Our higher or degree apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college or university qualification while putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training. You will have an impact on the direction of our construction projects by becoming one of the key points for staff and subcontractors on site. You will be contributing towards meeting the client's specifications and ensuring our projects are completed safely, on time and within budget.
Joining our Building team as an Apprentice Construction Supervisor, you will help deliver buildings that improve communities and enhance lives across the UK. The Building team’s award-winning public-sector projects include Bath Spa University, the Royal London Hospital and Bristol schools. In the private sector, our focus is on commercial and mixed-use buildings. Our expertise in London has created a portfolio that includes some of the capital’s iconic buildings, such as The Gherkin and Heron Tower.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Monitor and support the supervision of trade-contractors as well as the labour, plant and material requirements on a building site
- Assist in receiving and inspecting material deliveries to site as and when they arrive
- Ensure we are working to the latest programme of works, are signed up to the relevant method statements and understand what is required
- Be involved in quality and compliance by logging and resolving any defects found and challenge current methodology by putting forward innovative ideas
- Be aware of building design changes and their impact
- Ensure all building site related documentation is kept up to date
What we offer:
- Through day or block release, Skanska will provide support and funding to help you achieve Level 4 Construction Site Engineering Technician qualification. You will be able to progress onto Level 6 upon completion
- Line manager, buddy and wider Skanska support to help you succeed
- A competitive apprentice salary and benefits
Who you are:
- Studying towards or having achieved Level 3 qualification such as A levels or BTEC extended diploma worth 64 UCAS points or equivalent. STEM related subjects are preferrable. You will also need to have achieved 5 GSCEs including Maths and English at grades 4 or above.
- Passionate about working in the construction industry
- Enjoy working outdoors and solving problems
Start date: September 2021
You will be based on our Bristol projects, however, due to the nature of the construction industry, you may need to be prepared to relocate to other UK locations upon project completions or if a development opportunity arises on another project. We would, of course, consider your personal circumstances before making any final decisions.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
We believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.