Business Admin Level 3 Apprenticeship at Rochdale Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Business Admin Level 3 Apprenticeship
To be responsible for providing efficient and effective administrative and/or customer service support to respond to service specific needs including:
- Postal duties
- Photocopying and collating documents
- Taking telephone messages
- Inputting data onto computer systems
- Using IT packages for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Dealing with customer requirements in a courteous and professional manner, taking advice from the Admin Manager when appropriate
- To be familiar with a range of IT systems
- To ensure effective use of office equipment and machinery and to make use of such facilities
- To undertake word processing and other administrative/customer service work as required
- To undertake research and collate information as directed by Business Support Management
- To train with and shadow the Business Support Team to obtain experience of the various Administrative functions within Children’s Services scope of work
- To provide assistance to colleagues in allocated areas as and when appropriate
- To participate in Council programmes of in-service training as a trainee and when required as a trainer facilitator
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the Service Head (or nominated representative) in consultation with the postholder (and if he/she so wishes, with his/her Trade Union representative)
- To assist when required in activities to promote and publicise apprenticeships within the council
- Maintain a daily record of tasks performed in the form of a diary to show personal progress
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined by the Principal Manager (or nominated representative) in consultation with the apprentice and if she/he wishes with his/her trade union representative
Training to be provided
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Technical Certificate
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Pastoral Care Courses such as Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity
- Off the job training
- Must be numerate and literate
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Please provide examples of how you use PC applications such as Microsoft applications i.e. word, excel etc.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with a range of people
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Have or expect to achieve a minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade C/4 or above including English and maths, or equivalent
- Progression offered to the correct candidate upon completion
Things to consider
Interview date - 18th March 2021 (Alternative dates are unavailable, if candidates are not available on this date then they need not apply).
Start date - 17th May 2021.
The Authority operates a Smoke Free Policy for all its employees and applies to any building and associated grounds within the immediate vicinity of the building, which is wholly owned, leased or operated and occupied by Rochdale Borough Council.
Should you apply for 2 vacancies (maximum) we strongly encourage you to attend both interviews and declare this clearly. It will not count against you and all teams/panels will be aware.
Salary - £9000 per annum training allowance for the first 12 months and then national minimum wage for the remaining 6 months.
There may be some evening or early morning work to support members of the team.
RBC plan to start apprentices successful to this post in their May cohort intake and a supportive induction week will commence on your start date. Please note current covid-19 circumstances ensure processes are under constant review so health and safety and welfare all of is considered. This could result in alterations to dates or working environments.
About Rochdale Council
Rochdale council builds success and prosperity with our citizens and partners, whilst protecting our vulnerable people.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.