Horticulture & Landscape Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship at E. Williams Landscapes
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Horticulture & Landscape Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship
Duties will include assisting with a range of landscaping tasks such as:
- Artificial grass
- Timber work
- Planting and maintenance
Responsibilities will include:
- Complying fully with our Health & Safety
- Assisting with completing projects to a high satisfaction
- Working alongside a variety of plant and machinery
E. Williams Landscapes is highly regarded for its professional service and quality workmanship in garden design, construction and maintenance Based in Hythe, near Southampton, their services cover the New Forest, Hampshire and into the surrounding counties.
Training to be provided
- Horticulture and Landscape Operative Level 2
- Emergency First Aid
- PA1 PA6
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths much achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 before taking the end-point assessment
Apprentices will need to achieve the EPA's to achieve their apprenticeship:
- On-line knowledge assessment - a 60-minute online test containing 40 multiple choice questions
- Practical assessment EPA - a range of 3 practical activities taking no more than six hours undertaken in controlled conditions with responses to verbal questioning from the Independent End Point Assessor. The apprentice will undertake two tasks from the core tasks and one task from the optional route - Horticulture or Landscaping
- Professional Discussion EPA - An hour-long professional discussion under controlled conditions between the EPA and the apprentice to allow the apprentice to demonstrate their knowledge
- You will be required to attend Sparsholt College on a day release basis to learn about horticulture, to include:
- Health & Safety
- Use and maintain non-powered and handheld powered equipment
- Use and maintain pedestrian controlled equipment
- Environment protection
- Plant identification and nomenclature - Latin and common
- Vegetation control
- Soil science and cultivation
- Plant establish & maintenance
- Plant grown
- Plant health
- Establish & maintain amenity areas
- Survey and mark out sites for landscaping features
- Construct hard landscape features
- Maintain hard landscape features
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to follow and carry out instructions
- A good standard of English and maths
- Have a clean full driving licence (due to the nature of the role, travelling between sites)
- Reliable, dependable and with a positive 'can-do' attitude
- Be a proven team player.
- Have a genuine interest in horticulture and landscaping
- Be physically fit
- Be a proven team player
- C/4, equivalent or above in maths & English
- Have a clean full driving licence - essential (due to the nature of the role, travelling between sites)
E. Williams Landscapes are a progressive forward-thinking landscape company and have continued to expand and develop since 2008. We continue to look in house for new roles that develop/arise with additional training provided to ensure the role is fulfilled to its maximum potential.
Things to consider
This is a physically demanding role where you will be required to work outside in all weathers.
All new members of staff will be required to have a DBS check carried out.
About E. Williams Landscapes
We are a 5-Star RHS Chelsea Flower Show (2019) Award winning company working across Hampshire, the New Forest and the south of England undertaking projects of all sizes.
We have a comprehensive range of trades and specialist skills. We hold the multiple accreditations and corporate approvals; we carry high levels of insurance; we ensure our attention to every detail of your needs; and we take the utmost care in our everyday working practices.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.