Bereavement Services Level 3 Apprenticeship at Dartford Borough Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Bereavement Services Level 3 Apprenticeship
An opportunity has arisen within Dartford Borough Council for a Bereavement Services Apprentice (BSA).
The BSA will have a major input into the digitisation of historical burial records onto the BACAS system. The BSA will be trained to help the Bereavement Services Manager and Officer will all aspects of burial and cemetery management.
- Helping to provide a customer focussed front line service for the bereaved and other cemetery users
- Assisting the Bereavement Services Manager and Officer with a variety of general and day to day administration duties
- The digitisation of historical burial records on to the BACAS system
- Providing support to the gravedigger / gardener team
Training to be provided
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
It may be necessary for you to complete Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT – subject to previous achieved grades.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
- Have good communication skills, be able to listen, show empathy, patience and consistency
- Ability to follow clear instructions and procedures
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt approach to meet differing and diverse customer needs
- Basic IT Skills
- Good verbal / communication ability
- Good written English
- Good numeracy
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
GCSE grades 9-4 (A* to C) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
Things to consider
The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application.
If you do not meet the criteria for this position, your application will not be considered.
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
Position will be based at Watling Street Cemetery, Dartford. Easy to reach via public transport or car.
About Dartford Borough Council
Dartford Borough Council comprises of the town of Dartford and eight surrounding parishes.
The population of the Borough is in excess of 112,000 residents and approximately 47,471 households, which is increasing due to the new builds being built in the Borough, to which it provides services including Planning/Building Control, Parking, Council Tax and Housing Benefits, Environmental Health, Refuse/Recycling, Parks and Housing.
Dartford is at the heart of one of the Government’s key growth zones within the Thames Gateway and will continue to see new homes and new jobs created in the borough over the next 25 years – an addition to the existing 112,000+ residents in the Borough.
Dartford is at the heart of one of the Government’s key growth zones within the Thames Gateway and will continue to see more new homes and jobs created in the borough over the coming years
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.