Hospitality Team Member – Kitchen Specialism Level 2 Apprenticeship at The Virgins & Castle Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Hospitality Team Member – Kitchen Specialism Level 2 Apprenticeship
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will be an exemplary kitchen team member and play a pivotal part in the success of the business. It’s all about creating a collaborative, high performing team and delivering the best service to our guests, whilst ensuring the pub is profitable, pleasant and safe.
Day to day duties will include but are not limited to:
- Food preparation & knowledge of a fresh pub menu
- Food service following dish specification
- Using a variety of kitchen equipment when and as trained
- Assisting with deliveries and stock rotation
- Work in a clean and safe manner
- Ensure Health & Safety and Food Safety standards are maintained in line with company policy, including daily and weekly documentation
- Cleaning of the kitchen and back of house areas
- Attend team meetings
Training to be provided
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hospitality Team Member (Standard):
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours as defined by the standard
- Master class attendance every other week at college
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% off the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship - this will include attending college one day per fortnight for masterclasses.
- Must have good practical ability and a knowledge of working to food hygiene and safety regulations
- Great and effective customer service
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible to business needs
- Keen and willing to learn
- Polite and friendly personilty - easy to approach
- Positive can-do attitude
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to work as part of a team and listen to instruction
- Smart appearance
- Passionate about food and drink
GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths, or equivalent qualifications.
Potential to progress into full-time employment.
Things to consider
- On the job training and coaching will also be supported by online e-learning modules, and face to face team training sessions.
- There may also be the opportunity for overtime dependent on the apprentices age
- The wage may be reviewed depending on apprentices performance
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths (Grade 3/D or Level 1 Functional Skills/Key Skill or equivalent qualification) will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
About The Virgins & Castle Limited
The Virgins & Castle family enjoy working collaboratively to create magical moments that exceed expectations.
Every decision we take, hire we make and project we embark on is guided by our four values: We are always guest led, we work better together, we are always positive and we have a creative mindset.
We want to motivate all employees to achieve our vision. We aim to provide the highest standards of quality and service in everything we do. We adopt a number of principles in preparing our employment policies to help us achieve this:-
- Provide pay and benefits that are fair and competitive for the job.
- Reflect a sensitivity to the attitudes and views of all our employees.
- Promote high standards of occupational health and safety.
- Fully promote and utilize knowledge, skills and experience to maximize the efficient and timely operation of our activities.
- Whenever possible, address future needs by offering development opportunities and advancement to employees with ability, ambition and integrity.
The Virgins & Castle is Kenilworth’s oldest pub. Serving a great range of drinks and fresh pub food menu, it’s remains at the heart of the community.
Not only are we famous for our great selection of beers, ales, wines and spirits, but we also have an amazing temperance bar selection too.
Our chefs prepare our delicious selection of traditional and classic pub dishes using fresh ingredients from local suppliers. We have a fantastic range of food including a great selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes too.
Our history goes back over 450 years and we are a key pillar in the Kenilworth community.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.