Food Technician (Teaching Assistant) Apprenticeship at Caludon Castle School
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Food Technician (Teaching Assistant) Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times
- Provide support and assistance to the classroom teacher during practical lessons
- Plan and prioritise work effectively using initiative
- Assist in the organisation and presentation of the food technology classrooms
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Ensure that all equipment and weighed ingredients are available and ready for use for groups and individual projects, lessons and functions
- To undertake some administrative duties including using ICT to complete work on behalf of the faculty and to print photographs to assist students with their exams/coursework
Training to be provided
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
In-house assessments will be carried out by Chamber Training's Advisors and the apprentice will be required to attend Chamber Training's centre in Radford, Coventry weekly for 'off-the-job' training.
- Effective communication skills in order to work with a range of staff and students
- Good organisational skills
- Good sense of humour
- Experience of having worked in kitchens including using microwave ovens and gas/electric ovens and washing machines
- Workshop food skills (Desirable)
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Use ICT skills to support the faculty and students
- Prioritise workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Work in a supportive team environment and to form positive professional relationships with students and colleagues
- Problem solve in response to queries from students and staff
- Be flexible, use initiative, and remain calm and focused during times of pressure
- Adhere to policies, procedures and relevant legislation
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be calm, precise and patient when dealing with others, including students
- Be an excellent role model for young people
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
First aid certificate and food hygiene certificate all desirable.
A permanent post may become available upon successful completion of training.
Things to consider
Working with children you will be subject to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). This checks for spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, plus any additional information held by local police that’s reasonably considered relevant to the role applied for. To carry out this check the employer will ask for identification including passport or provisional driving licence, a birth certificate and bank statement.
Please note that this is a term-time only post.
About Caludon Castle School
Caludon Castle has a great deal to be proud of; we are a caring school that achieves high standards. We have excellent resources in a modern, well equipped building, with a well-planned IT infrastructure and outstanding sports facilities.
We offer a range of benefits which include the cycle to work scheme, access to the on-site gym and swimming pool, free parking, an employee discount scheme and a commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition initiatives through our wellbeing committee and people strategy.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.