Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship (BSc) - Data Engineering
- Have achieved GCSE level 6 or above in five subjects
- Maths A level plus one further Science, Engineering or Technology subject
Our Product Development Informatics (PDIX) organization is co-creating a better future for patients through technology and information. We are an agile organization that brings together great people who are passionate about technology innovation, and who thrive in dynamic, cross-functional, and mission-driven teams.
Our agile organization is made up of structures called Networks and Chapters. “Networks” comprise business domain and technical experts aligned closely with our Product Development business partners to develop and deliver technology-enabled business strategy. Our “Chapters” are centers of expertise of deeply skilled people deployed for maximum impact. These teams work together to deliver outstanding value to our business, patients, and customers.
Data engineering is a process to design, build and manage the information or 'big data' infrastructure. It gives an understanding of how to develop the architecture that helps analyse and process data in the way the organisation needs it. As a Data Engineering Apprentice within the PDIX Data and Analytics Chapter, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to solve complex data problems enabling PD to transform data into actionable insights. You will collaborate with IT and business stakeholders to co-create data and analytics enabled solutions that help our teams fulfill our mission: to do now what patients need next.
During this exciting 4-year apprenticeship, you will work towards a fully funded Bachelor’s degree (BSc) specializing in Data Engineering whilst gaining valuable ‘on the job’ experience and mentoring from our talented experts at Roche.
What you could be working on
- Working closely with a multi-disciplinary teams to build structured, high-quality data solutions
- Explore new ways of building, processing, and analysing data in order to deliver insights to our business partners
- Work with cutting edge data processing frameworks, technologies, and platforms
- Continuously refine data quality with testing, tooling and performance evaluation
- Supporting experiments (PoC) leveraging machine learning, deep learning, predictive analysis, exploratory data analysis, and other areas of data science
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. We believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.