Pharmaceutical Science Apprenticeship
Our Ware facility is a key drug product manufacturing site within the GSK network, and one of GSKs flagship New Product Introduction sites, bringing respiratory and oncology products to patients all over the world.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
The 3-year apprenticeship is a blended approach of distance learning and block release with Kent University (please note: the provider may be subject to change).
You will be studying towards a Level 5 Apprenticeship in Chemical Science (Chemistry) After completing the level 5 you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a level 6 (degree level) apprenticeship.
If you are offered an apprenticeship; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship. Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
What will you do?
You can expect to work both individually (when appropriately trained) and as part of a team - taking responsibility for the quality, safety and accuracy of the work you undertake.
Your duties might include:
- Learning about our products and how they are made
- Being part of a team who design, introduce and validate new equipment or processes
- Writing technical reports and protocols for new equipment or processes
- Running project meetings
- Finding the root cause of problems
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Gaining an understanding of a broad range of pharmaceutical equipment and processes as well as an understanding of their potential impact on product, quality and patient safety
- Gaining an understanding of how to validate the processes and equipment to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Developing an understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and their application within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Using your analytical skills and attention to detail to support our patients to do more, feel better, live longer.
- A fully-sponsored Level 5 Apprenticeship in Chemical Science (Chemistry)
- A competitive annual salary of £17,000
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for GSK
Latests jobs from GSK
Bradley & Peter
Artwork and Design Apprentices
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork...