Our manufacturing apprenticeship is designed to create the manufacturing technicians of the future. As a manufacturing apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge required to operate the systems and equipment that produce our pharmaceutical products - from chemical processing to tablet and syrup manufacturing or pharmaceutical packaging.
On our 3-year programme, you’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications - a level 3 apprenticeship including an HNC.
If you are offered an apprenticeship; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
During the apprenticeship you will study the theory of pharmaceutical production, first touch engineering and lean manufacturing as well as safety and risk management. You will complete a series of on-site job rotations, learning how to operate the different equipment that makes our pharmaceutical products.
Your duties might include:
- Learning how to operate equipment in the manufacture and packaging of our pharmaceutical products
- First touch engineering - root causing and solving breakdowns
- Data collection, analysis and trending to identify improvement opportunities
- Improvement projects
- Learning about the functions that support manufacturing (Laboratory, engineering, logistics & scheduling)
- Assisting in new product and equipment introductions
- Ensuring quality, safety and accuracy
- A fully-sponsored level 3 apprenticeship including an HNC.
- A competitive annual salary of £14,000
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for GSK
Latests jobs from GSK
Bradley & Peter
Artwork and Design Apprentices
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork...