Engineers at GSK are responsible for designing, maintaining and improving our leading-edge manufacturing facilities that deliver life-saving treatments. Our multi-skilled engineering apprenticeship programme is designed to create the technicians and engineers of the future. As an engineering apprentice, you will have the opportunity to develop mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control & automation skills.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards nationally recognised qualifications. We consider your entry qualifications and will support the next level of academic study (which may be HNC or above). If you show the qualities we are looking for you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for an HND or degree in engineering.
Working with both your manager and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
We offer Engineering apprenticeships in a manufacturing setting. Our Engineering apprenticeship lasts up to four years. In the first year, you’ll spend a large proportion of your time at college, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical hands-on experience. In subsequent years, you’ll continue at college while learning new skills as part of an engineering team. Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development.
- Develop mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation skills,
- Learn how to maintain production equipment and carry out routine maintenance
- Fault find, diagnose and resolve breakdowns
- Analyse machine data and recommend improvements
- Learn about engineering project management
- Help design, install and test new equipment.
- Fully-sponsored education aligned to the apprenticeship standard.
- A competitive annual salary of £14,000
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for GSK
Latests jobs from GSK
Bradley & Peter
Artwork and Design Apprentices
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork...