Marsh Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship - Norwich
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. We enable clients to grow, innovate and create value by helping them understand and better manage the risks they face, and ensuring they have the resiliency to withstand the unexpected. Marsh partners with clients to turn uncertainty into opportunity.
About the Programme
- 18 - 24 month programme starting in October 2021
- Permanent full time role with competitive salary & career progression
- Work towards Certificate of Insurance (CII) Level 3 Insurance Practitioner qualification
- Combination of on-the-job learning, working on real projects with real clients, a skills development programme and formal qualifications.
- Have 20% of your work time dedicated to focus on and develop the required skills, knowledge and behaviours to achieve the apprenticeship.
- Support from line manager and Early Careers Development Team throughout the programme.
- Receive a bonus on completion of CII qualification.
Roles are non-rotational and will vary dependent upon the business unit, however Apprentices roles fall within one of the following business areas:
- Risk Management: Provides clients and companies with advice on how to change their risk profiles so they can improve resiliency, reduce claims, and minimize costs.
- Marsh Portfolio Solutions: Split between our Quota Share, Placement Plus and International Binders businesses. Overall, the group provides services governed by over 100 legal contracts with more than 30 leading insurers.
- Specialty: An in-depth knowledge of industry sectors allows us to provide a comprehensive offering to the UK's largest clients. We combine a deep understanding of our clients and their industries with unparalleled product knowledge, market access and experience in specialty insurance.
What do we value?
- 104 UCAS points at A-level or equivalent (B-TEC, T-LEVEL etc)
- 5 Grades (9 – 4/A* - C) at GCSE including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Right to Work in the UK (We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role)
- Willingness to share ideas, knowledge and experiences
- Team player with a willingness to learn and help out
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and pride in maintaining a high standard of work
- Keen interest to work in a diverse and collaborative environment
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise responsibilities
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment & embrace change
- Able to work independently
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Must be willing to perform within company and department standards
What is a typical ‘Day in the Life’ of a Marsh Apprentice?
Working within a highly-skilled team of Client Advisors and Executives, you will be involved in administering specialised insurance programmes, including preparation of market presentations, managing premium billing and collection. You will act as a day to day contact for your Client Service Team colleagues, assisting in preparation of reports and specific projects as may be required.
You will need to have a willingness to work towards completing Professional CII qualifications and within this role you will have the support from a client advisory and client executive team who will provide guidance and knowledge for you to learn from. There will be potential future progression within the company, developing your role with continued support for advanced industry professional qualifications.
- Working with specialist brokers and/or Client Service Team colleagues to manage renewal strategy activities and placement for agreed classes
- Managing, reviewing and interpreting renewal data
- Producing renewal communications including; Market Quotations, Renewal Reports, Renewal Presentations, Transparency and Disclosure Documents
- Coordinating responses to market presentations
- Managing premium billing, collections and settlements
- Controlling the resolution queries relating to changes in cover and risk
- Partnering with Client Service Team colleagues to participate in new business initiatives
- Provide excellent customer service at all times in accordance with Marsh practices
- Managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards and integrity of service to Marsh business divisions and external clients
- Willingness to work towards industry professional CII qualifications
What’s in it for you?
- An unrivalled accelerated foundation to your career with a global leader in insurance broking and risk management
- Join and work alongside a large apprentice cohort, share your experiences and build a network with other apprentices across the various locations
- Attend 3 ‘cohort’ days with other apprentices
- Potential future progression within the company, developing your role with continued support for advanced industry professional qualifications
- Access to Employee Resource Groups
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
Be part of a fast moving team
- A dynamic and driven workforce - we believe companies and individuals deserve more from an adviser than recommending the same things in the same way. Putting our clients first by providing innovative solutions is at the heart of what we do.
- Doing things differently - we’re all about doing things differently, challenging the way it has always been done, and developing the way it should be done.
- Entrepreneurial culture - an approach supported and encouraged from the very top, that enables us to continually explore opportunities to improve.
- Grow our own strategy (GOO) - is a talent initiative that addresses the way we hire, develop, and promote colleagues by looking beyond the traditional talent sources on which we've relied. This important strategy starts by investing in Apprentices, Graduates and early careers.
About Marsh & McLennan
Marsh & McLennan is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic & complex environment through 4 market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual/commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance & capital strategies that help clients grow profitably & pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice & technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth & career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic & brand advisor to private sector & governmental clients.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Latests jobs from Marsh & McLennan
- Marsh & McLennan
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
- Marsh & McLennan
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)