Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship at Leonardo
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Leonardo
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
The apprenticeship will start with an Induction into Leonardo, followed by a team building event at an offsite location (incorporating all apprenticeship starts). There will also be a Yeovil College Induction to ensure that apprenticeship requirements and expectations are fully established.
Placements will then commence onsite at Leonardo Helicopters (based on a 4 month period), rotating around different areas of the business. There is a requirement to attend to Masterclasses on a monthly basis (arranged by Yeovil College).
During the final stages of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will move into a final placement to prepare for role post apprenticeship. Around 15 months’ work will be collated to prepare the apprentice for an ‘End Point Assessment’ (or EPA).
During the EPA, an Independent End Point Assessor will observe a presentation on a project that has been decided between the Employer and Apprentice with guidance from Yeovil College. There will also be a professional discussion conducted by the End Point Assessor as well as a Multiple Choice Question test.
Key responsibility areas:
Placements covered may include Procurement and Supply Chain, Programmes, Transmissions, UK Government Sales and Exports, HR and Operations. Within the various placements comes a variety of key responsibilities.
- Transmissions - The main responsibilities of the Business Administration Apprentice involves managing elements of a supplier including the correlating of an order book, problem solving and the expediting of key parts from a vendor
- Procurement - the Business Administration Apprentice will be shadowing buyers, scanning documents and loading into SharePoint, Supplier visit & KPI reviews, purchasing parts and managing contracts
- Human Resources - The main responsibilities of a Business Administration Apprentice while within this role are to log information, reception duties, organising room bookings, arranging travel for the team, assisting with the work experience process and Maximo requests
- Programmes - the Business Administration Apprentice will be shadowing, maintenance of departmental systems, collating amendments for issue, diary management, action logs, communications support, updating of departmental brochures and organisation charts
During each three-month placement, you will be working with cutting edge facilities, learning how the various business areas operate, discovering how projects are run, managed and delivered and having opportunities to liaise with customers and suppliers. There may also be opportunity to travel between the Company’s UK and international sites.
Training to be provided
Business Administrator level 3 standard.
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 young people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the hands of the next generation of engineers.
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Want continuous improvement
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
** Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
- GCSE or equivalent (Grade 9-4/A*-C) in maths and English – these grades are non-negotiable
Things to consider
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work on some of the most exciting projects around.
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days holiday and ability to earn flexi-leave
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
- Employee Discount Scheme
That in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue, please select App level 3 nonSTEM.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Leonardo is a world-class advanced engineering company, committed to delivering winning, cost-effective solutions in the aerospace, defence and security sectors.
Balancing our global reach with sustained investment in our UK centres of excellence, we are focused on responding to the needs of Government and on the opportunities for exports.
We recruit and develop talented and skilled people and share learning and models of best practice across the group. Our UK growth has resulted from the skills, energy and dedication of our people. By championing the importance of engineering in younger generations, we aim to nurture the talent of tomorrow and help guarantee our future business prosperity.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.