Site Management Level 4 Apprenticeship Trainee - Construction at Wates Group
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Wates Group
Site Management Level 4 Apprenticeship Trainee - Construction
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Our Construction Business
Wates Construction specialises in maximising value by finding the most intelligent and creative ways to deliver outstanding buildings. We deliver projects in a range of sectors including, government, commercial, industrial and historical restoration. The award of Construction News’ Contractor of the Year in 2017 is a testament to the quality of our projects, our client satisfaction and our approach to the communities in which we work.
This role is based in multiple locations: London, Leeds, Basingstoke and Oxford. Please select your desired location by following the applicable link.
Are you looking for a role with a mix of being out on site and in the office? Then our Site Management Programme might be the right pathway for you.
Site Managers often find themselves at the heart of our Wates projects. As a Site Management Trainee, you will be involved in the following:
- Promoting and upholding Wates reputation for providing the highest standards of site safety, health and welfare and protection of the environment
- Working with our supply chain and surveyors to protect Wates commercial position and the potential for profit and repeat business
- Developing good working relationships with the client, design team and supply chain by promoting best practice throughout the whole construction process
- Developing an understanding in technical practices and sequences on projects
- Contributing knowledge and skills to the delivery of the project on time, on budget and to the required quality
- Ensuring our subcontractors are delivering at the highest standards
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
As well as structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training, you will also complete an apprenticeship in Construction Management as part of your trainee scheme. This will either be a higher or degree apprenticeship depending on your level of education.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our Construction business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2021, this will be a condition of offer
Higher Apprenticeship: 2 A-Levels or equivalent at minimum grades DD, and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English
Degree Apprenticeship: 3 A-Levels or equivalent at grades BBB or above, and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English
About Wates Group
Wates works on a variety of projects across the public and private sectors from building new homes and providing planned and responsive maintenance to housing associations and local authorities; through to office interiors; construction projects in the commercial, retail, heritage and education sectors; and partnering on joint-venture developments. Having been in business since 1897 we know what we are good at. Our clear strategy ensures we create a stable presence in a changing market. Our mission is to build a sustainable £2bn business across the construction, property services and property developments and investment sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.