Building Services Level 4 Apprentice Management Trainee - Wates Building Services at Wates Group
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Wates Group
Building Services Level 4 Apprentice Management Trainee - Wates Building Services
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Wates Building Services
Wates Building Services (WBS) sits within our Construction business. It is our dedicated in-house mechanical and electrical delivery service specializing in the design and installation of building services and infrastructure solutions covering all aspect of M&E.
The base location for this role is London, you will be required to travel to and/or work at locations within the London region should the business require you to.
If you're interested in design and like putting your analytical and problem-solving skills to the test, then our Building Services Engineering Management Programme may be the pathway for you.
Building Services manage the complex systems that bring a building to life. Managing the living and working environment on a project can range from controlling the temperature, lighting, data, fire systems and much more, to designing and planning the installation of these services.
Our Building Services Engineering Graduate programme is an important step towards becoming a Building Services professional. You will be expected to engage in on-the-job training in key elements of construction, including mechanical and electrical engineering, design, planning, health and safety, operations and commercial.
As a Wates Building Services Engineer trainee, you will be involved in:
- Advising on cost-effective and energy efficient systems
- Drawing up plans, using computer-aided design and building information modelling software
- Testing systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance once the building is completed
- Making sure all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership whether school, college leaver or graduate
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
As well as structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training, you will also complete either a higher apprenticeship in Building Services, or a degree apprenticeship in Building Services Engineering depending on your level of education.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our WBS business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2021, this will be a condition of offer
Higher Apprenticeship: 3 A-Levels or equivalent at grades EEE, and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English
Degree Apprenticeship: 3 A levels at Grades A*-C including Mathematics and Physical Science or their equivalent or will have completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Building Services Design Technician
About Wates Group
Wates works on a variety of projects across the public and private sectors from building new homes and providing planned and responsive maintenance to housing associations and local authorities; through to office interiors; construction projects in the commercial, retail, heritage and education sectors; and partnering on joint-venture developments. Having been in business since 1897 we know what we are good at. Our clear strategy ensures we create a stable presence in a changing market. Our mission is to build a sustainable £2bn business across the construction, property services and property developments and investment sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.