Autocare Technician Level 2 Apprenticeship - Egham at National Tyres Service Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Autocare Technician Level 2 Apprenticeship - Egham
The 30 month programme is specifically designed by industry leaders for enthusiastic learners who want a fast route into the motor industry. During your time here, you’ll receive a blend of residential and in branch training learning the skills and knowledge you’ll need to build on your experience and be successful in completing your Apprenticeship
We are an award winning UK provider of vocational training with an excellent success rate. If you have the passion and drive to succeed, you could be working with all makes and models of cars, joining a close-knit team and getting the career you really deserve. Achieving at least 3 GCSEs or equivalent qualifications, including maths and English, would be a great advantage, however we do consider candidates who do not have these but have an absolute passion to work within the Fast Fit industry. Your Training & Development Officer will also visit you at your branch to offer you continued support to make sure you reach your potential.
The first week of the programme will be held at one of the National Tyres and Autocare Training Centres and will involve an induction to the programme, the company, health and safety and basic skills. Thereafter, you'll:
- Work alongside qualified technicians in our branches
- Gain experience
- Collect evidence of on-the-job training for inclusion in your portfolio
- Work on tyre fitting
- Work on steering and suspension
- Work on brakes
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Standard in Autocare Technician (Level 2)
- Functional skills if required
- You'll work alongside qualified technicians in our branches to gain experience and collect evidence of on-the-job training for inclusion in your portfolio
- The 30 month programme is specifically designed by industry leaders for enthusiastic learners who want a fast route into the motor industry
- During your time here, you’ll receive a blend of residential and in branch training learning the skills and knowledge you’ll need to build on your experience and help you succeed in completing your Apprenticeship
- Experience of a part-time work or Saturday job desirable
- A passion for working with cars
- Enthusiasm and commitment to complete a thirty month course
- To be able to work away from home
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) including maths and English, however we do consider candidates who do not have these but have an absolute passion to work in the Fast Fit industry
- Once qualified, you will be appointed as a Technician with the opportunity to build on the skills and experience you have gained throughout your apprenticeship, to work your way up the ladder and maybe, one day, become a Branch Manager
Things to consider
- Willingness to learn the job in a working branch environment
- Working 39.5 hours per week
- The job requires you to travel to our training centre in either Liverpool or Gloucester and stay at a hotel to complete the training course for 5 nights, every 6 weeks
About National Tyres Service Ltd
National Tyres and Autocare is the UK's largest independent tyre and autocare specialist - supplying everything from tyres to MOTs. We supply and fit tyres to cars and vans as well as offering a specialist service in fitting exhausts, brakes, batteries, suspension and MOT testing.
National Tyres and Autocare operates under the holding company of Axle Group Holdings Ltd, with an annual turnover in excess of £100 million. Meeting the needs of our customers is naturally the most important thing to us, so we spend a lot of time making sure the team that does this is properly trained, highly professional and totally focused.
Now we're looking for the next generation of champions to join our Apprenticeship programme, helping us to go the extra mile for our customers and setting the standards that we've become famous for.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.