Nissan Light Vehicle Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship - Romford at Glyn Hopkin Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Nissan Light Vehicle Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship - Romford
Please bear in mind before you apply for this opportunity, that this role requires a high level of dedication and commitment from the successful applicant. There is an expectation that you will complete assessments, revision, off the job training and keep up to date with logging work in your own time.
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a job with training. Through your apprenticeship, you will gain the technical knowledge, practical experience and wider skills and behaviours you need for your immediate job and future career. These skills and behaviours are gained through formal off-the-job training and the opportunity to practice these new skills in a real work environment.
As a Nissan Dealer, we ensure that no-one is better qualified to look after our vehicles. Our Apprentice Technicians will be trained to manufacturer standards and have access to regular support and technical information.
Within the dealership, we utilise the latest diagnostic technology, tools, and best practice processes so you can offer our customers the very best assistance with their service or repair. You will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and service of the full range of Nissan vehicles.
Duties will include:
- Undertake the timely repair and servicing of customer vehicles in accordance with the brands technical standards
- Conduct full examinations of vehicles and identify non-routine defects, or additional faults either in the workshop or during road tests
- Undertake Electronic Vehicle Health Checks
- Work closely with the service team and ensuring they are kept informed of the progress of work on customer vehicles and they are fully briefed on work completed. Discuss technical issues/works with directly customers when requested
- Provide a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive, and efficient service to all workshop customers, personifying the brand
- Obtain appropriate authorisation if additional work is required on a vehicle
- Build and maintain a high level of technical competence for diagnosing and servicing vehicles and utilise regular training and support information provided by Nissan
- Offer technical advice and support to workshop apprentices when requested by a Master Technician
- Be open to try new methods of work designed to improve efficiency
Full training will be provided by senior technicians, management and a dedicated mentor.
Training to be provided
This is a Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Alliance Training Centre in Doncaster.
This means your college based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for 17 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the 3 year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.
Assessments will also be conducted in the work place by a dedicated training assessor. You will also be assigned a workplace mentor for support in dealership. As a result you will receive the following:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths Level 2 (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely
- Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
- An interest in a career in the automotive industry/motor vehicles is essential
- Team player - assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality
- Honest with high levels of integrity
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English (If you do not have the required qualifications for this apprenticeship unfortunately your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted).
Please ensure you also list all of your relevant qualifications.
Permanent role within the business upon successful completion of the apprenticeship (to be discussed).
Things to consider
When applying you will be asked to fill in an application form followed by an aptitude test. The aptitude test is made up of 20 questions and the pass mark of the test is 15/20. If you do not pass the aptitude test your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted.
Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible as the employer will start to interview when applications are received. This may mean the vacancy may close before the date advertised.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, or experience any difficulties when applying, please contact Samantha on 07773816273.
About Glyn Hopkin Limited
Since our first site opened in 1993 the Glyn Hopkin Group has grown to become one of the UK’s largest and most successful automotive dealership networks. Today we operate over 50 sites across London, Essex, Hertfordshire, London, Suffolk, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire where we work on behalf of the industry’s biggest manufacturers.
They include Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Alpine, Dacia, Fiat, Honda, Jeep, MG, Mitsubishi, NISMO, Nissan, Renault, Suzuki and KIA who we represent through the highest standards of customer service. For these leading brands we supply new and used cars and vans, deliver after sales support and champion the Motability Scheme.
Both private and business customers are served from each of our locations, and no matter who walks through our doors we strive to leave them feeling fully supported and rewarded. We do this by providing generous offers and a wide range of vehicle choice alongside our excellent customer service. Award-winning guidance and real value are at the heart of what we do, and you can benefit from both today.
Find out more about Glyn Hopkin and how we can make motoring more convenient, affordable and enjoyable for you by browsing our website, or speak to your local team today.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.