Electro Mechanical Inspector Apprenticeship at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Electro Mechanical Inspector Apprenticeship
Annual Salary: £18,500
Job Start Date: September 2021
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 42 month, award winning Advanced Apprenticeship Programme, which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story.
As an Apprentice Manufacturing Inspector you will learn to use the latest cutting edge Metrology processes to Inspect low-volume, bespoke, precision components within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining extremely high quality standards, ensuring we are in the best possible position to continue winning F1 World Championships.
As a team we pride ourselves on sharing knowledge and will support you with a tailored 3 year development plan, designed to provide exposure to the breadth of engineering within F1, Formula E and Project ONE, all whilst being supported by our mentoring program. We are also pleased to have been awarded the 2017 Advanced Apprenticeship Provider by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Advanced Apprenticeship Standard incorporating a HNC in Engineering or similar (IMECHE accredited). By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Able confirm the Quality of components within the required timescales to the required Inspection standards, making use of first principle Inspection techniques and automated Metrology equipment using Engineering drawings or CAD models when appropriate.
- Create CNC measurement strategies to measure complex prismatic components.
- Able to understand GD&T and other quality standards/processes in accordance to ISO or Measurements standards such as DIN etc.
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Quality, Engineering) to ensure the development of the measurement strategies are optimised.
- Adhere to, create and maintain standard operating procedures for processes and other operations.
- Able to be qualified Inspect PCB’s, loom and harnesses to the IPC 610/620 electrical standards.
- Handling and Inspection of ESS Battery’s.
- Use of computed tomography scans to confirm the Quality of sealed electrical components.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities.
Our benefits package includes;
- A starting salary of £18,500pa, increasing periodically dependent upon performance
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 and FE results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- You will need to have some practical experience of Engineering, including an understanding of machining principles or/and engine components. Providing examples of any work you have completed as part of your application would be advantageous
- Demonstrate passion for manufacturing (electrical or Mechanical), evidence by extracurricular projects and work experience
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, accountability, and initiative, along with taking a pride in the quality of work you produce
- Tenacious, curious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
- For you to have completed (or be expecting to achieve by September 2021) a Foundation engineering qualification at level 2 or above.
- For you to have achieved GCSE’s at grades equivalent to a C or above (4 - 9) in Math’s and English Language
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an online interview which will take place between February – April 2021
- If successful your scheme will start in September 2021
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Please note, you must select your course code during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form. You must also meet the Skills Funding Agencies criteria for apprenticeship funding.
About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
Based at our state of the art Research and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, we are responsible for the design, manufacture, testing and racing of the Six – time World Championship winning Formula 1 hybrid Power Units used by the Mercedes AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 team. We are also proud to supply Power Units to the Racing Point and Williams Racing teams. In addition to this, we are leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One” and are now competing in Formula E with the Mercedes Benz EQ Formula E Team.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.