Bar and Waiting Level 2 Apprenticeship - Traveller's Rest at Sizzling Pubs and Grill
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Bar and Waiting Level 2 Apprenticeship - Traveller's Rest
As Bar and Waiting Staff at Sizzling Pubs and Grill you are the personality behind the beer pumps, the expert on the drink's menu and know our food menu inside out, frequently recommending your favourites. As the friendly face our guests remember, you'll inject your personality every moment you're with our guests so that they love to come back time and time again.
- Greet, serve and look after our guests
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Work with the team to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will love
- Know the menus inside out, making recommendations to our guests
- Be a champion of brand standards
You don't even need any experience. So long as you can provide a warm, helpful manner to everyone you meet, we can teach you the ins and outs of working as part of our busy teams.
By taking on a full-time role as a bar and waiting apprentice under the supervision of our passionate teams, not only will you achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our businesses, creating some amazing moments!
What your apprenticeship includes
- A mixture of in person and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- 30 hours paid work every week
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we've got you covered.
- Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back.
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges.
- On top of all this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares!
Wage will be National Minimum Wage for your age:
- 16-17 years old - £4.55 an hour
- 18-20 years old - £6.45 an hour
- 21-24 years old - £8.20 an hour
- 25+ years old - £8.72 an hour
Training to be provided
- Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Food and Beverage Level 2
- Functional skills in maths and English
None! We're just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect drink, and our teams are no different.
- Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
- Have great attention to detail
- Always give great service
- Be a fun-loving, social, team player
We know hospitality can be hard work, but its super rewarding. As a team at Sizzling Pubs, we always pull together with smiles on our faces. We know it's a cliché, but it really is the people that make it so worthwhile. When you join us, you become part of our work family, all 47,000 of us up and down the country.
No qualifications required.
On going training and development.
Things to consider
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020 The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
About Sizzling Pubs and Grill
At Sizzling, we believe the people of Caversham deserve more from their local pub. And it's our job to give them just that.
Dedicated to giving you the warmest of welcomes, we're a friendly bunch, serving up the best quality, best value food for lunch and dinner - from British pub classics, through to burgers and light bites. As well as a fantastic range of offers, you'll find tasty vegetarian and vegan options, a kid's menu and a great selection of drinks.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.