Golf Greenkeeper Level 2 Apprenticeship at Colne Valley Golf Club
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Golf Greenkeeper Level 2 Apprenticeship
You will be working within a team of four Greenkeepers initially working on basic Greenkeeping duties and then being introduced to all golf course equipment and machinery. By working within a small team over time you will gain experience and be involved in all areas of golf course maintenance and management. You must be prepared for early mornings and working in all weather conditions. The work is physically challenging and a good level of fitness will be advantageous. You will work with and be trained by successful Greenkeepers with many years of experience in varied roles within the Greenkeeping industry.
You job role will include:
- Golf course preparation
- A range of mowing
- Presenting and maintaining playing surfaces for golf
- Using and maintaining hand held / pedestrian / ride - on machinery
- Preparing and operating a tractor and attachments
- Renovating and repairing sports turf surfaces
- Preparing ground for grass / plants
- Establishing grass / plants
- Monitoring and maintaining health, safety and security
- Establishing working relationships
- Developing your personal performance
- Free uniform
- Free lunch each day
- GTC approved course and BIGGA membership
- During your time at Colne Valley Golf Club you will be gaining technical knowledge and collating evidence of learning, be observed and receive training as to how the golf course operates
- This is averaged over a 15 - 27 month period and includes time spent at the beginning of the programme completing your enrolment & initial functional skills assessments
- A qualified Greenkeeping Assessor will visit you in the workplace every four to eight weeks
- You will study for a Level 2 Certificate in Golf Greenkeeping on a day release or online programme
- You will carry out an End Point Assessment to complete your training and gain your qualification
Training to be provided
- Training will be on the job and one-day-a-week college day release or online programme with Berkshire College of Agriculture
- Golf Greenkeeper Apprenticeship
- Level 2 English and maths Functional Skills (unless you possess GCSE Grades A-C / 4-9)
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- A willingness to learn
- A safety mindset for yourself and others
- Clear and effective communication skills
- An ability to solve problems and make effective decisions
- A strong work ethic
- A flexible, positive attitude to work
- Maths and English GCSE Grades A-E / Functional Skills Level 1
By the end of the programme, the apprentice will know when, how and why the range of maintenance operations are carried out.
The career as a Golf Greenkeeper can take you wherever the game of golf is played. Working outdoors in a healthy environment and as new countries are embracing the sport and more golf courses are being built, there is no better time to consider joining this great profession.
Things to consider
This work is physical and will require you to work in and outdoors in all weathers. You might have contact with members so will need to have a polite manner.
About Colne Valley Golf Club
An 18 hole par 70 parkland golf course was constructed in the last decade of the 20th Century and has now matured, with its full specification USGA greens providing all year golf from tee to green.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.