Groundworker Level 2 Apprenticeship
You will work alongside experienced staff and gain training in the following area:
- Work safely and securely in compliance with given information, organisational policies and procedures, and current health, safety and welfare legislation including following the procedures for working in contaminated ground.
- Conform with productive working practices and completing the work in accordance with the programme of work
- Interpret and follow verbal and written work instructions from supervisors and site managers
- Access, interpret and use drawings and specifications
- Select the required resources including tools and fixtures
- Move, handle and store resources complying with relevant legislation & guidance
- Use and maintain power tools and equipment (including;. compactor plates, boning rods, portable power tools, levels, straight edges, lines, pins and laser equipment)
- Select and use basic setting out equipment including tape measures, levels, straight edges, lines and pins, boning rods and laser equipment under guidance of the supervisor
- Install and test basic drainage and ducting
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Certificate in Construction Operations
- Level 2 Construction & Civil Engineering (groundworks)
- Keen and hardworking individual
- Physically fit, capable of lifting equipment, materials and tools
- Eager to learn
- Capable of working as part of a team and independently
- Must have a genuine interest in the industry
- Sensible and able to adhere to strict Health and Safety guidelines
- Positive attitude
- Reliable, excellent time keeping and attendance.
- GCSE or equivalent English and maths at grade 4/C or above
- Construction qualifications or experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Possible progression within the Company
Things to consider
You will be working on various sites around the Middlesbrough area so your own transport would be an advantage or you will need to arrange to get to pick up points for early morning starts as required by the Company.
The apprentice wage would be above minimum apprentice wage depending on age and experience.
This application acts as a CV to the Company please ensure that you complete all sections particularly the qualifications section.
You will be contacted by the email, mobile number you supply please check these are correct before you submit your application.
About Applebridge Construction Limited
Servicing the diverse needs of the construction industry, Applebridge has two core divisions; civil engineering and utilities which provide construction, engineering and multi-utilities expertise across the North East, Yorkshire and Derbyshire.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.