Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship
Working as a member of the day services team, the role will be working with people with learning disabilities and will include:
- Supporting individuals with refreshments and meals
- Supporting individuals to be properly equipped for the day
- Working with service users in a group setting, undertaking activities including arts and crafts, independent living skills, social skills, creative projects - all activities designed to contribute to their confidence and self-worth
- Planning the delivery of sessions effectively, ensuring the equipment required is available
- Being aware of the different needs of individuals and tailoring the activity accordingly
- Keeping comprehensive records
- Being aware of safeguarding and confidentiality requirements
Training to be provided
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to complete tasks on time
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Completing this apprenticeship may lead to permanent employment within the organisation.
Things to consider
The role requires working with individuals with a range of needs and skills, some of our clients have some unsanitary behaviours which will need to be worked with. The service users are a real pleasure to work with, and you reap the effort you put in.
About The Bridge Project Sudbury
The Bridge Project is a social enterprise based in Sudbury, our main activities include a day service for people with learning disabilities, a meal delivery service for vulnerable adults, a supported housing project for people with learning disabilities, two cafes, a shop and a range of pop up and outside catering activities.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.