Heavy Vehicle (Bus) Maintenance and Repair Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship - Darlington at Arriva
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Heavy Vehicle (Bus) Maintenance and Repair Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship - Darlington
Arriva are one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe and are currently seeking an enthusiastic Heavy Vehicle (Bus) Maintenance and Repair Apprentice.
You will receive first class training in all the latest servicing and repair techniques to help train you to repair Arriva’s fleet of buses to their company’s Engineering Quality Standard’s.
The daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Working alongside a highly skilled qualified technician
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identifying their underlying causes
- Understanding the fundamentals of existing and emerging mechanical and electrical design and systems
- Carrying out routine safety inspections and routine mechanical and electrical servicing
- Inspecting and preparing Arriva’s fleet of buses ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe and efficient workshop environment, by adhering to the Arriva’s Health and Safety processes and following standardised workshop practices
Training to be provided
As part of your Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Apprenticeship, you will undertake a 3-year programme working towards an IMI Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance.
As part of the Apprenticeship programme, you will be fully supported by our dedicated training provider, Remit Group. You will be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you periodically throughout the Apprenticeship at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, training on your Online Portfolio and learning platforms.
Your Development Coach will continuously aim to set you SMART targets throughout your Apprenticeship to aid your development.
Training is also delivered on block release at Remit’s specialist Heavy Vehicle Academy in Derby. This means that you will be required to stay at Remit’s Academy for 15 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All associated costs including travel, accommodation and meals are met by Arriva and there will be no cost to yourself.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- IMI Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Persistence and determination
- The ability to work well with others
- Excelled communication skills
- The ability to use your initiative
We want to identify individuals that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive/engineering interest and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal qualities to demonstrate:
- Punctuality and reliability
- A passion and interest for the automotive and engineering industry
GCSE Grade 3/D or equivalent in English Language and maths are required.
Arriva want to continuously invest in their colleagues and on successful completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme, Arriva would intend on offering you a full-time position.
Your career development does not stop there. Arriva want to continue your development and can offer opportunities for further qualifications or career progression.
Things to consider
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
Arriva, part of the Deutche Bahn group, is one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing some 54,500 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries every year. Arriva operate an extensive range of service including buses, trains, health and social transport services, airport related transport services, commuter coaches and water coaches. Arriva also engage in bus and coach distribution.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.