General Maintenance Multi-Purpose Level 2 Apprenticeship at Solihull Community Housing
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
General Maintenance Multi-Purpose Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Working with one or more in house maintenance operatives to carry out repairs or installations in SCH properties
- In the initial stages the apprentice will be expected to observe and assist the Craft Operative. As skill and experience develop, the apprentice will be assigned specific tasks associated with the trade, gradually progressing to undertaking particular jobs
- Undertake the necessary training to achieve a level of competence in all tasks
- To keep records of jobs undertaken for apprenticeship portfolio
- To undertake all necessary assignments and college work required to achieve the required qualification
- Produce high quality, accurate work to agreed performance levels
- Meet productivity targets and deadlines
- Meet agreed service standards
- Work as an individual and part of a team
- Deliver exceptional service to the customers of Solihull Community Housing
- Participate in the Performance and Development Review process
Training to be provided
Training Provider to be confirmed.
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative standard.
Training will be provided by assessor visits, workshops and on line assessments.
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for a career within a social housing maintenance service environment
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of the role being applied for and of the construction/maintenance environment
- Able to assist with the duties of the trade, working both inside and outside, at any height
- Basic Health and Safety awareness
- Some evidence of having an interest in and experience of working with your hands e.g. woodwork, metal work, cookery, sewing, working with cars, making models
- Willing to learn and develop in the role
- Experience of Microsoft Office packages
- Good time management skills
- Understanding of good customer care
- Experience of working in a team
- Able to produce work to a good quality
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Hard working, committed and flexible
- Open, honest and trustworthy
- Ability to solve problems
Good general standard of education.
This is a fixed term contract with the possibility of a permanent position.
About Solihull Community Housing
Here at Solihull Council we want to ensure that all our citizens have an equal chance to share in Solihull’s success. We do this by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We recognise that our employees are the key factor in achieving our vision. As such, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals, who want to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and can help us to continue building on our success.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.