Operations - Supply Chain/Business Improvement Techniques Level 2 Apprenticeship at Amazon
Operations - Supply Chain/Business Improvement Techniques Level 2 Apprenticeship
Learn As You Earn – Life changing careers with Amazon Apprenticeships
A qualification and a career at the same time? That’s a bit like having your cake and eating it, right? But it really doesn’t have to be one or the other. Learning and earning within an apprenticeship means you get both – a qualification and a career.
Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills.
Our Operations Teams are crucial in ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent.
Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
Join us on our 15 month SC/BIT Apprenticeship scheme and you will be trained on our process paths learning how to safely and efficiently fulfil customer orders while also growing your skills in crucial complementary areas like process improvement, problem solving, communication and project planning. Over the course of the apprenticeship you will be introduced to the fundamental operational excellence modules and will work towards the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative level 2 apprenticeship and an integrated Business Improvement Techniques diploma.
You will build your skills over a 15 month period covering:
- Virtual Classroom development days
- Amazon’s on-the-job training program, supported by a dedicated external coach
- 1:1 line manager reviews
- Health & Safety training
- Rotation around key business areas covering a broad range of process paths
Successful completion of this apprenticeship and in the job role will lead to a permanent position in our operations team and from there a range opportunities will be available including supervisory and management roles across Amazon in the UK and abroad.
For the apprenticeship program we prioritize applicants eligible to government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
- Have lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EAA) for the last 3 years
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program (15 months)
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending September 2020 or later
- You will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines
- You have a hands-on attitude, be flexible, adaptable and proactive
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service and excellent customer facing skills
- You seek and respond well to feedback
- Experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
- Finally, you must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the program.
- 2 GCSE’s at grade C (4-9) or above (or equivalent)
- You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment,
- You are able to demonstrate drive and passion.
Your recruitment process will start with your online application and will then take you onto online testing through one of our external training providers.
As a last step, we will invite successful candidates to a 1:1 telephone interview. You will be provided with detailed information of the job role and working environment prior to the interview.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.