Optical Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship - Bicester at Specsavers
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Optical Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship - Bicester
At Specsavers, we’re always looking to the future. Which is where people like you come in. Our apprenticeship scheme gives you the chance to really set yourself up for a great career in a fantastic company and earn a full-time wage at the same time.
We say company, but when you join us, you’ll actually become part of a family.
This apprenticeship opportunity will give you the chance to spend 10-12 months building the skills and confidence that come with training in a paid full-time job, all the time surrounded by a friendly, highly experienced team who will support you every step of the way. The apprenticeship duration is 13 months to allow time to apply and check your skills, knowledge and behaviour.
- Earn a salary whilst learning new skills
- Structured career opportunities for the future
- Get experience of full-time work and enjoy paid holidays
- Work for a friendly employer who values you
- Receive comprehensive and structured training
- Learn transferable as well as job-specific skills
And that’s just the start. With a highly respected and award-winning business behind you – one that invests in its people – there’s nothing to stop you getting on here. Who knows, you might even end up running your own store in years to come.
Day-to-day, you’ll help us out:
- By giving customers top-notch advice (as well as a warm welcome to the store)
- Booking in eye tests
- Pre-screening patients and measuring frames
- You’ll also make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible by looking out for any little problems that crop up
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning and off the job learning that will lead to you becoming a fully qualified Optical Assistant. But we’re just as happy to learn from you too, so a mind full of ideas will come in useful and could make a real difference to how we do things right across the business.
Training to be provided
Level 2 Optical Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Specsavers will be providing the training.
- Enthusiasm to deliver the great customer service our Specsavers visitors love
- A willingness to learn
First up, you’ll need GCSEs at grades A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent/predicted) in both English Language and maths.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you'll be a fully-fledged Optical Assistant with a massive range of career options ahead of you.
Things to consider
Before applying, please bear in mind the salary and check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis.
This is an entry level position, you must not have worked in the optical sector before.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Specsavers is a truly talented organisation and the world's largest optical retailer. We have over 1,750 stores operating in over 10 countries, boasting over 17,000 staff worldwide and over 2,000 support staff globally. We are a revolutionary, dynamic, family run business, continuing to go from strength to strength and proud of it.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.