IT Network Engineer Level 4 Apprenticeship
To assist the IT Manager in maintaining the IT department and facilities and ensuring all internal customers receive a high level of IT Support. You will be helping maintain and manage fire base, hardware, and security of system. You will also be managing and updating firmware and hardware.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Managing Firebase
- Managing Hardware
- Managing and maintaining security of the systems
- Ensuring to keep the firmware and hardware updated.
- Dealing with computer errors and software issues as and when they occur
- Supporting staff with system errors
- Some software development work as appropriate for the student
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Building and re-building laptops and server systems on request
- Personal development of IT skills and capabilities
- Any other reasonable duty or request
Training to be provided
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get practical experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship standard with training in areas such as:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network Principles
- Network Systems & Architecture
- Network Security
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
- An effective problem solver with an aptitude for understanding processes and investigating issues
- Be good at IT and enjoy working with computers and want to make it a career while training in an employed environment
- Learn better by a practical approach
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Data input skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong assessment skills
- A passion for providing excellent customer services at all times
- Knowledge of server management and hosting
- Integration into a wireless network - Experience with IoT networks
- Excellent working knowledge of database structures and coding - Firebase / Firestore, MYSQL etc.
- Bonus but not essential: Knowledge of embedded programming of firmware - for PSoC, Arduino and ESP32 and OTA
- Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Core Microsoft server roles (Exchange, IIS, AD, DNS, DHCP, SharePoint)
- Provisioning and management of Office365 and Exchange Online.
- System virtualisation
- Backup technologies
- Server hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
- Hardware firewalls and router configuration
- System and network monitoring
- Endpoint protection technologies
Other desirable experience:
- SQL databases
- Maintaining security of systems
- Updating firmware & hardware
- Apple Operating Systems and Hardware
- Have a keen interest in technology
- Bright, outgoing personality with a positive outlook and strong team-working bias
- Skilled in identifying and balancing the needs of the individual, the client and the organisation, remaining calm under pressure, whilst maintaining the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
- Strong communication skills with people at varying levels
- Aware of GDPR
- Knowledge of security and encryption best practices as well as safe and GDPR compliant data storage
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and maths.
The role offers long-term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Energym are a fast-growing tech start-up hailing from Birmingham, UK. We have developed patent pending systems that capture and convert human power into clean useable electricity.
Working closely with fitness powerhouse Gymshark to bring our mission to life. A world, whereby all the energy from your workout is recycled and utilised to enhance and power the world around us. Pretty cool, huh?
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.