Builder's Merchant's Level 2 Apprenticeship - Ipswich at Silverton Aggregates
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Builder's Merchant's Level 2 Apprenticeship - Ipswich
This bespoke apprenticeship is for a candidate considering a career in retail sales and/or sales support and customer service, in a builder’s merchants’ environment - Silverton Aggregates.
The company will seek to use the apprenticeship to identify candidates for specific roles within the company, with a view to eventually obtaining senior and supervisory roles.
The successful candidate will be required to learn all aspects of working in a busy builder’s merchants which will include:
- Yard operations and yard sales
- Transport scheduling, (multi-drop delivery and bulk)
- Office based direct telephone sales, stock-taking, I.T. support and general administration
- Health and Safety appreciation training
Training will cover all aspects of the above, plus external training in the use of various plant items, including counterbalanced fork trucks.
Training to be provided
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard and Functional Skills at Level 1 in maths and English
- These qualifications will be delivered by Career Track, mainly in the workplace, with flexible training and delivery tailored to meet the needs of the employer and the apprentice
- There will be an End Point Assessment towards the end of the apprenticeship
- The candidate shall be able to demonstrate good levels of numeracy and literacy and IT skills
- The candidate shall be a confident communicator, able to demonstrate common sense and pragmatic approach to work
- Capable of working on their own initiative
- Flexible in their approach to work
- An excellent time keeper
- English and maths, GCSE grade 4/C, above or equivalent are essential for this position
- On completion of training the candidate may be identified for specialisation and further training in supervisory and management roles
Things to consider
- Based indoors and outdoors
- This vacancy has been advertised with a salary based on the national minimum wage for the age of the candidate, however pay scales and final salary will be discussed and confirmed on appointment
About Silverton Aggregates
Silverton Aggregates Ltd, currently employs approximately 150 employees at its seven depots in North Essex, Ipswich and Gt Yarmouth.
The company operates as a general Builders Merchant, Landscaping supplier and supplier of primary and re-cycled materials in bulk.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.