Vehicle Mechanic Level 3 Apprenticeship at The Army
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with The Army
Vehicle Mechanic Level 3 Apprenticeship
Life as an Army Mechanic offers much more than your average mechanic job. As one of our Vehicle Mechanics, you’ll be keeping the lifeline of our operations in good working order, wherever you are in the world, whatever the conditions. The impact your work has won’t stop at the end of the day – thanks to your careful maintenance, our vehicles can go out there to protect communities and keep nations safe. From tanks to quad bikes, HGV’s to Land Rovers, barracks to battlefield, you’ll be repairing some of the world’s most iconic and advanced military vehicles. As you work, live and train with your squad, you’ll enjoy friendships, experiences and opportunities like nothing else.
No matter your experience, background or skills, we need your drive and passion to keep our fleets intact. With first-class training and civilian-recognised qualifications, we’ll turn you into an expert mechanic and help you realise your full potential. If you’re ready and willing, we want to hear from you.
Join us and you’ll start by learning the soldiering skills common to every member of the British Army, like outdoor survival and the safe handling of weapons. After this, you’ll head to Ministry of Defence Lyneham. Here, you’ll learn all the skills you need to be a mechanic – how to fix vehicles, carry out maintenance, repairs and inspections on tanks, trucks and quads. You’ll also get your car and HGV driving licences.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance
- Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Engineering
- Qualifications at different levels, in Leadership and Management
- Car and HGV licences and opportunities for tracked vehicle and plant licences
Show people what you’re capable of
We'll be behind you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. Right from the start of your training, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you could get promoted, which will mean more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Vehicle Mechanic and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,985 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,400 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
Belong to something that matters
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
- GCSE Grade A–D/9-3 in at least English Language, Maths and Science
- Mid-thigh pull of 94kg
- Medicine ball throw of 3.1m
- 2km run in 11min 15 sec (11 min 30 sec for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
- Outdoor activities
- Helping people
About The Army
The British Army is one of the UK’s largest apprenticeship employer providers, giving you the opportunity to earn industry-recognised apprenticeships ranging across a variety of trades and skills. Completing an apprenticeship will help you progress with your career.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.