Developer - BSc Digital Degree Apprenticeship at Wharncliffe Business Systems Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Developer - BSc Digital Degree Apprenticeship
You will be assisting in redeveloping existing solutions to .net/C# as well as working on web-based development for integration into CRM and other solutions, using a range of languages. Typical activities will include:
- Developing of quality software
- Analysing requirements and functionality of code
- Creating specifications
- Testing the software you develop, fixing any faults you find
- Documenting changes
- Estimating development timescales for changes
- Assisting the support team with issues to help identify the cause within the code
- R&D work on products/development tools/platforms
Training to be provided
You will attend Sheffield Hallam University for a number of one-week blocks spread over 3 years.
- Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (degree)
- Functional Skills if required
- Analytical, able to problem solve and apply a methodical approach
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Organised, able to manage workload
- Driven, with a commitment to "get the job done"
112 UCAS points from A-Levels or Level 3 BTEC (including IT or Computer Science) or completion of a Level 3 IT apprenticeship.
You will be playing an important role in the continuing development of our market leading IT solution, while working with a highly skilled team of 30 in a challenging but encouraging environment.
About Wharncliffe Business Systems Ltd
Super-charged Sage solutions from a friendly, family-run business
One of our greatest strengths lies in our experience. We’ve been trading loads longer than most technology companies – since 1981 in fact! We’re also a family-run business, headed up by MD Alan Exley, one of our original founding partners, and supported by his brothers Malcolm and Adrian. We also have an extensive team of talented staff, including some of the best Sage consultants you’ll ever find.
We’re all about partnerships – pretty much acting as an in-house Sage support team, without taking up any desk space! Perhaps most importantly, we’re genuinely nice people to work with, taking our commitment to you very seriously. But ourselves? Well, not quite so much!
While we’re proud of being the region’s top team of Sage consultants, we didn’t always specialise in this particular software. We earned our stripes providing a range of high-level IT solutions to businesses across the country, but quickly recognised the incredible potential of Sage software and how it could transform processes for greater business success.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.