Furniture Upholstery Level 2 Apprenticeship at M.A. Living
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Furniture Upholstery Level 2 Apprenticeship
This role involves working in a large successful business. You will undertake a wide range of key responsibilities, ensuring you develop into a flexible, adaptive and proactive member of the organisation. You will learn and develop skills and techniques to produce a wide range of upholstered furniture as well as supporting tasks included in upholstery. With these skills and techniques could include:
- Prepare frames for upholstery including adding different densities of foams and fibres
- Working with a large range of materials including fabrics and leathers
- Cutting various materials for ready for upholstery
- Pattern matching fabrics
- Using a range of trimmings and finishing’s including buttons, facings, piping and decorative studs
- Use a range of hand tools including scissors, shears, staple lifter, tin snips, hammers mallets and pincers
- Cutting materials with templates
- Sewing fabrics ready for upholstery
- Good housekeeping and general labouring duties
- Good organisation workloads ready production
- Working as part of a team on piece work production
Training to be provided
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Furniture Manufacturing Level 2 to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke furniture using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4 or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
- Team working skills
- A logical and adaptable mind-set
- Comfortable with large working with groups
- Excellent attitude and attendance
- Willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic and practical
None required, however the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they do not have an equivalent.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Modern Upholstery, traditional Upholstery, Supervision or Furniture design and Prototyping
- Progression within the organisation to include more responsibility and wider range of production work
Things to consider
- Are you a practical person looking to gain new skills?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
About M.A. Living
Originally established by Mohammed Akbar, with the help and support of his wife Seema, MA Living is proud to still be a family-run force to be reckoned with! Today, the company is run by Mohammed's sons and daughters, and our Gomersal-based firm continues to thrive.
Arriving in the UK from Pakistan in 1975, Mohammed worked nights as a yarn-spinner in a bustling Yorkshire factory. On only a few hours' sleep, he lovingly repaired and recovered three-piece suites and bed-settees from his cellar at home.
Honing his upholstery skills over several years, he soon realised there was a gap in the market for beautifully upholstered headboards for divan bed manufacturers in Yorkshire. Before long, he'd set up a dedicated business to serve the handmade bed industry, supported by Seema. Alongside raising the couple's four children, Seema provided the care and support needed by all family members in the business.
MA Living might be located in the small, quiet West Yorkshire village of Gomersal, but step into our busting workshop and you'll find it's an absolute hive of activity. Time-served upholsterers put love, care and attention to detail into each and every stitch of your bespoke furniture, crafting bedsteads, headboards and chairs by hand to ensure your chosen piece more than meets your exacting requirements.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.