Digital User Experience (UX) Degree Apprenticeship at Co-op
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Co-op
Digital User Experience (UX) Degree Apprenticeship
Salary: £22,000 plus excellent benefits
We’re looking for motivated and curious people with a passion for great design to join us on our digital user experience (UX) degree apprenticeship. You’ll be joining us over the course of a 4 year learning programme with Manchester Metropolitan University, and at the end you’ll be fully qualified with a BSc (Hons) Digital User Experience (UX) and have huge amounts of industry experience.
As a UX apprentice at Co-op, you’ll be researching, analysing and designing the experience that people have with our digital products and services. You’ll then help to find ways that these interactions can be improved and optimised over time in response to user needs. You’ll be working in a multi-disciplinary team with lots of other designers and engineers and gain the real-life experience to support what you’re learning in your degree.
This is a rotational scheme with lots of opportunities to move around, giving you the chance to find your expertise in an area that you’re passionate about. It’s an incredible opportunity to gain a highly sought-after qualification, and to join a business that’s using digital to make a real difference to our communities.
What you’ll do
- study a core curriculum across 4 years (24 university days per year) which will be delivered in 6 different 4-day attendance blocks, also known as ‘learning sprints’
- keep in touch with the university and other students using online platforms such as Slack
- learn about different design areas (content design, service design, user research, UI design and UX design) and how to make design decisions in each of these disciplines with user needs in mind
- support our senior researchers and designers in optimising journeys for our users (e.g. user journey mapping, attending research sessions, content and service design)
- participating in and contributing to agile, collaborative team sessions (e.g. design sprints, retros, stakeholder engagement, ideation sessions)
- work across the different teams and gain exposure to range of Co-op products and services
- gain more responsibility over the course of the 4-year programme
This role would suit people who have
- 3 x A-Levels at grade BCC or equivalent at Level 3 (e.g. BTEC grade DMM)
- a keen interest in design and services that solve people’s problems and meet their needs
- a curious and analytical mindset with the ability to think logically
- the ability to spot opportunities to make things work better
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- great organisational skills; you’ll need to balance your work and your studies
- previous exposure to design would be a bonus, but not essential e.g. if you’ve taken up any projects or short courses in your own time
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from candidates who already have a degree in a similar subject e.g. Digital Design, User Experience (UX), Human Interaction with Computing etc.
We can offer you the opportunity to obtain a qualification and build a career in digital without getting in to student debt. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from one of Manchester’s top universities while you work in a supportive environment that gives back to its communities. As a Co-op colleague you’ll also receive:
- competitive salary
- flexible working environment
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
About the Co-Op
It takes all kinds of people to make a business work. So, at Co-op our nationwide apprenticeships are open to everyone with the right levels of skill, enthusiasm and understanding. If you have a genuine passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and a strong sense of community, you could really go places at the Co-op. We believe in working together, so take a look at all we can offer you and come share in our success.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.