Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship - Mablethorpe at Wellspring Academy Trust
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship - Mablethorpe
Responsibilities will include:
- Act in accordance with academy policies and procedures and relevant legislation, particularly in relation to child protection and behaviour management; including Team Teach and Restorative Practice
- Assist with the planning and preparation of activities, and in the delivery of local and national initiatives e.g. literacy and numeracy strategy
- Participate in the preparation of the classroom
- Monitor children’s needs and reporting these to a designated person
- Keep records as required by the school
- Have familiarity with all relevant pupil profiles, risk assessments and positive handling plans
- Promote development and learning (physical, emotional, educational and social). Foster growth, self-esteem and independence, observe and record development
- Support those with special educational needs
- Carry out reasonable daily personal care/hygiene duties and administer basic first aid
- Assist with the movement of children in and around the school
- Support the young people when in the moment of crisis, ensuring the safety of the individual, peers and staff is priority
- Show all the young people ‘Unconditional Positive Regard’, every single day
Supervision of people:
- No direct line management responsibilities but is required to occasionally demonstrate duties, give advice and guidance to employees, students or trainees
Creativity and Innovation:
- Required to be creative when assisting with planning of activities
Contacts and Relationships:
- Direct contact with children and their parents/carers, other employees at the school. Liaise with other professionals under the supervision/guidance of the teacher
- The post holder must act in accordance with school policies and procedures and relevant legislation, particularly in relation to child protection and behaviour management
Training to be provided
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments.
It covers all aspects of specialist support including planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
- Experience of working within an educational setting
- Experience of working with young people with social, emotional and mental health needs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
- Be able to empathise with children and work as part of a team
- Be able to demonstrate ‘unconditional positive regard
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Versatility, creativity & resilience
Formal qualifications are not essential for this role.
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable.
It is important to note, this is a training opportunity and does not guarantee future employment beyond the apprenticeship, but this is an option that will be reviewed come the end of your apprenticeship.
About Wellspring Academy Trust
At Springwell our values are fundamental to everything we do. We believe in second chances, trauma informed practice, unconditional positive regard and a culture of nurture and support.
Our aim is to work with our pupils to identify their needs and provide the best possible opportunities for all our pupils to develop and thrive in a climate of support, guidance and authentic care.
We value the support of all of our families and believe that if we work in partnership, understand the collective challenges and face them together then we can really make a diﬀerence.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.