Engineering Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship - Wolverhampton at Brammer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Engineering Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship - Wolverhampton
We are seeking budding Engineers of the future as part of our brand new, exciting Engineering Apprenticeship Programme at our Wolverhampton Engineering Centre.
As part of the Rubix Group, we are Europe's largest supplier of industrial maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) products and services. We are a fast-paced and ambitious organisation, working with some of the biggest players in the Aerospace, Aggregate, Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical and Utilities industries, to name just a few.
Our Engineering Apprentices will gain valuable on-the-job experience at our Wolverhampton Engineering Centre, whilst undertaking a structured training programme of off-the-job academic study in order to gain the required skills, knowledge and experience to qualify as a Maintenance and Operations Engineer at the end of the programme. Key responsibilities will be:
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes
- Demonstrate these skills by working independently and within a team
- To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair
- Disassembly and accurate re-assembly of industrial equipment
- Performing planned and predictive maintenance
- Assessing need for spare parts
- Undertaking effective planning and prioritisation of workload, wherever necessary
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation
- General housekeeping of work area
- Undertake any other tasks or duties as required by your line manager
- Conform to Health and Safety procedures and policies
Training to be provided
Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
All learners will complete both on and off the job training elements for this standard and at the end of their programme will not only complete their Engineering Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship but will also gain qualifications at Level 2 in Engineering Operations. You will attend college (In-Comm Training Services Ltd, in Aldridge, WS9 8UG) one full week in every 4 weeks - please ensure you are able to travel to this site.
Off the Job Training Subjects Include:
- Engineering Environmental Awareness in Engineering Techniques
- Engineering Maths & Science Principles
- Engineering Material Processes
- Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently & Effectively in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering
- Using & Interpreting Engineering Data & Documentation
- Conduct Business Improvement Activities
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Preparing & Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing & Using Milling Machines
You don't necessarily need to have industry or technical experience - we are simply seeking people with:
- Good written and verbal communications
- Confident maths abilities
- Able to work independently and as part of a team - relationship builder
- Analytical thinker
- Planning and organising skills
- Strong desire to embark upon a new and exciting career
- Punctual and reliable
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- The drive to learn, complete the apprenticeship and progress within the company
GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalents in English, maths and Science - as a minimum.
Upon successful completion of the Level 2 qualification we would like our Apprentices to progress on to Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Level 3 programme for a further 3 years. Upon completion of the full 4-year programme, the Apprentices will become qualified Engineers, working as part of the Engineering Services team repairing, modifying and assembling rotational equipment including: industrial gearboxes, pumps, compressors and motors as well as other industrial equipment as required.
As the UK’s leading distributor of maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) products, Brammer Buck & Hickman is your single-source supply partner. Part of Rubix Group, we add value at every turn, helping to reduce working capital, increase production efficiency and reduce total acquisition costs.
With branches right across the UK, our customers have quick and easy access to more than 5 million products, safe in the knowledge they’re buying from a trusted specialist. From mechanical power transmission and fluid power through to tools and health & safety products, our portfolio is underpinned by our specialist services which add further value for manufacturers in all sectors. We also have the capability to deliver the right product, on time, wherever and whenever you need it – including a 24/365 emergency service.
Our services include bespoke manufacturing, repair and reconditioning, as well as a range of added-value Business Solutions designed to improve production efficiency, reduce working capital and reduce the total cost of component acquisition.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.