Engineering Fitter Level 3 Apprenticeship at John Guest Engineering
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Engineering Fitter Level 3 Apprenticeship
You’ll be joining RWC and undertaking an apprenticeship in a rewarding and challenging role using the latest Technology and Equipment, taking an Apprenticeship at RWC is a great choice.
You will be carrying out fitting and assembly of complex components from the manufacture of RWC’s range of products, such as;
- Materials used in components/assemblies, for example; plastics, mild steel, aluminium, composites, copper etc. Their use and application considerations, for example machinability, hardness, conductivity, cost, availability, compatibility
- Component/assembly documentation. For example, bill of materials, standard operating procedures, inspection records, assembly instructions, electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic circuit diagrams. What they are and how to interpret and use
- Component/assembly specifications, for example; electrical loading, load charts, torque settings, tolerances. What they are and how to use them
- Component/assembly quality checks for example; checking tolerances, threads, voltages. Types of faults that occur and problem-solving techniques, for example; cause and effect
This list is not exhaustive.
Training to be provided
Apprentices will be required to attend college for 2 days per week for the first 18 months, at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate will support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- QCF Framework
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
- Being able to follow instructions (listening skills)
- Having good communication skills especially on the telephone
- Being able to work to strict deadlines
- Being methodical and organised
- Having good concentration
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
Mandatory - GCSE Level C/4 in maths & English.
Skilled engineer / Team Leader / Manager.
Things to consider
The company would prefer someone with a full/clean driving licence Please note – You must not have done a Level 3 Engineering course full-time at a college or training provider – apprenticeship rules mean that we cannot take an ex full-time learner on to an apprenticeship because you will have done at least 50%+ of the learning at college already and we cannot gain funding from the Governments Skills Funding Agency if this is the case..
About John Guest Engineering
RWC and its family of brands develop safe, sustainable and efficient solutions to help shape a better world. We engineer and innovate products to integrate seamlessly within the modern built environment. From improving plumbing and heating performance through to syncing smart homes and transforming the delivery of liquid, air and data, RWC shapes a better world for millions of people around the globe. RWC and its family of brands develop safe, sustainable and efficient solutions to help shape a better world. We engineer and innovate products to integrate seamlessly within the modern built environment. From improving plumbing and heating performance through to syncing smart homes and transforming the delivery of liquid, air and data, RWC shapes a better world for millions of people around the globe.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.