Childcare Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship - Easton
This is an entry level position into caring for children and young people where you will learn all aspects of childcare for the age group 4 - 11 years old.
Main duties and tasks include:
Safeguarding and Child Protection:
- Understanding how to keep children safe, getting to know children and being alert to changes in their behaviour
Health and Safety:
- Setting up tables, chairs, activities and equipment to ensure that children are engaged in safe and stimulating activities
- Preparing and serving meals, clearing and cleaning away
- Be child focussed, talk to children, support their play and ideas
- Be team focussed, respecting your Manager and colleagues
- Be flexible, helpful, polite, listen to instructions, ask questions, smile and persevere.
- To actively encourage children’s progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities
Training to be provided
Training will be provided by Adult Learning. This will include monthly visits in the workplace with the assessor and individual study time.
The successful candidate will study the Advanced apprenticeship standard Early Years Educator Level 3 and this will include English and maths, if required.
Schools Out will provide in-house mentors who will assess your progress in collaboration with Adult Learning and this will include Off-the-job training.
The Apprenticeship will involve an End Point Assessment that the successful candidate will work towards and complete at the end of their apprenticeship. Support will be given by Adult Learning assessor to ensure enough preparation.
- Some experience of babysitting, sports leadership, supporting younger children at school or work experience with children
- Kitchen skills including awareness of health and safety legislation would be useful
- Show enthusiasm to work with children and young people and be working
- Have a suitable level of physical fitness to perform some aspects of the job roles
- Be willing to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
A positive attitude, an easy smile and a kind nature.
A positive role model for children with interests in :
- Healthy, active lifestyles such as sports and drama
- Being in the outdoors, nature and animals
- Cooking, baking and messy activities plus clearing up afterwards
- Appreciating good manners and being respectful yet friendly to your Manager and colleagues
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C or 4-9 English and maths or be prepared and willing to complete the Functional Skills qualifications in your own time alongside the apprenticeship. Training for this provided by Adult Learning. We offer a flexible delivery style suit every learners’ individual needs and requirements.
A permanent position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Brief Directions to Premises: (if applicable) - West of Norwich, 2 minutes from A47, close to Longwater and Norfolk showground.
Travel Arrangments e.g. Bus/Train Routes.
Car or walking essential due to working hours.
**Be able to provide 2 references from family friends or teachers!**
About So School's Out
Breakfast Clubs and After School Clubs based in Norfolk Primary Schools.
At the heart of our service is quality childcare which meets the needs of children and their families:
- Happy children
- Nutritious home-cooked meals
- Healthy child development
- Flexible sessions for families
- Compliment school values
- Safe, secure and stimulated
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.