Primary Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship at Kendal Nutricare Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Primary Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship
The Primary Engineering Apprentice will work alongside the Site Shift Electricians reporting to the Primary Engineering Supervisor. As one of our Engineers, you will provide an efficient & effective proactive maintenance service to the business. The primary engineering apprentice will be required to work with the Site Shift Electricians and the Instrumentation & controls and Engineering Supervisors to:
- Assist in repairs and maintenance on a full range of plant, machinery, services and portable equipment
- Complete electrical logs, carry out maintenance record orders and complete Permits to Work Certificates
- Assist in portable appliance testing along with planned electrical / mechanical maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given· Assist with the installation, commission and testing of new and refurbished electrical systems
- ·Assist with routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults
- Assist in the diagnosis of faults during a breakdown situation of an electrical, mechanical and instrumental nature
- Operate with a high level of hygiene and adhere to the strict hygiene regimes of dress, personal hygiene, cleanliness and care in working that is demanded across a food site
- Follow set procedures in moving from one segregated area of the factory to another
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE in many areas
Training to be provided
- Apply safe systems of working
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development
Engineering Technicians take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake within the limits of their personal authority. They also need to be able to demonstrate a core set of behaviours in order to be competent in their job role, complement wider business strategy and development. This will enable them to support their long-term career development.
- A good communicator
- Helpful with a flexible approach
- Proactive in self-learning and development
- Organised, with attention to detail
- Logical in their approach to problem solving
- Interested in electrical / mechanical operations
- Willing to learn on the job
‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and GCSE’s or equivalents (maths / English required) should be of a good standard
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
About Kendal Nutricare Ltd
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.