Primary Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship at Kendal Nutricare Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Primary Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship
Working as part of the Primary Operations team, you will learn to:
- Manufacture materials according to Standard Operating Procedures (which include safety and GMP instructions) while operating a range of plant and equipment across the Primary production department
- Understand the Quality requirements and key stages throughout the process (CCPs and QCPs) Document the current state of work in progress to ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met
- Use batch documentation to pick and check materials as required, and record quality checks and cleans in the plant logbook
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that the correct cleaning and assembly of the plant is carried out following (SOPs, SOWIs) hygiene and product security requirements
- Report faults and take an active role in the fault-finding process using established problem-solving techniques
- Adhere to workplace organisation regimes, such as H&S, GMP, SWPs and 5s
- Dispose of waste materials as required and under waste segregation regimes
- Comply with safety procedures
- Adopting safe working practices
- Wearing the necessary protective clothing
- Using safety equipment appropriate to the role
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Use equipment, including materials-handling equipment needed to perform the job effectively
Training to be provided
Engineering Operatives are predominantly involved in engineering operations which are key to the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering sector allowing employers to grow their business while developing a work force with the relevant skills and knowledge to enhance the sustain the sector.
The role covers a wide range of common and job specific skills sets that can be transferred across the manufacturing engineering industry sectors during the course of their careers.
Dependent on the sector that they are employed in there may be subtle differences in terms of composition and application of the job role specific skills and knowledge they will require, however the core skills and knowledge will be the same regardless of the sector/area they work in.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to find and rectify faults
- Able to carry out and record over 100 quality checks per day
- Flexible to changing work shifts
- Able to communicate and work alongside other team members, team leaders, engineering, Quality and warehouse departments
- Adaptable with a proactive attitude
‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and GCSE’s or equivalents(maths / English required) should be of a good standard
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
About Kendal Nutricare Ltd
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.