Secondary Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship at Kendal Nutricare Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Secondary Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
You will work with members the Engineering and Production teams to:
- Gain confidence with tools, automated machinery and carrying out practical work
- Work with assigned members of the Engineering and Production teams in designing, developing, delivering, and reviewing improvement projects across the Kendal site
- Carry out routine maintenance, attend breakdowns and diagnose faults with machinery
- Build and develop relationships with key colleagues in Engineering, Production, QA areas
- Present regular reviews of progress made against targets for any project work currently being carried out
- Form part of the Site Engineering Improvements Team and to contribute wherever possible to work being developed by other team members
- Develop as much knowledge, experience and skill as possible across the manufacturing area
The apprenticeship will provide the initial building blocks to establish a full-time career in Engineering in a complex and automated food manufacturing environment.
Training to be provided
Engineering Technicians in the Aerospace, Aviation, Automotive, Maritime Defence and wider Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex work and must, as a minimum be able to:
- Apply safe systems of working
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development
Engineering Technicians take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake within the limits of their personal authority. They also need to be able to demonstrate a core set of behaviours in order to be competent in their job role, complement wider business strategy and development. This will enable them to support their long-term career development.
- Able to cope under the pressure of time in a dynamic environment with the support of colleagues
- Inquisitive with a hunger for knowledge of engineering and the broader aspects of factory life
- The highest standards of personal hygiene are required for this hands-on role in infant formula production
- An interest in pursuing a career within the engineering and/or (food) manufacturing sector would be advantageous
- A highly motivated and organized project worker –capable of working equally well in a group or individual environment
- A strong team builder (relationships will be critical)
- Independent-minded and self-starting
- Sensible and focused with excellent timekeeping skills
- Confidently follow instructions and use initiative
‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and GCSE’s or equivalents (maths / English required) which should be of a good standard
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
About Kendal Nutricare Ltd
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.