Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship - Hatfield Dental Care at Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship - Hatfield Dental Care
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice with an emphasis on preventative treatment and options for all.
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Training to be provided
Dental nurse Level 3.
The Dental Nurse apprenticeship offers a genuine job in a Dental Practice with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It will develop the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of your apprentice to operate competently in all aspects of clinical responsibilities.
It will also provide them with the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a Dental Nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
What you will study:
- Cross infection
- Oral hygiene
- First aid
- Health and Safety
You will complete on and off the job training whilst you are fully supported throughout, progressing to gateway and endpoint assessment.
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, with good communication skills, computer literate, and keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner, and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary; however we are looking for ambitious, hard-working, and committed individuals
- GCSE, or equivalent, maths and English Grade C/4 and above
- A great opportunity to secure long term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour as of 1st of April 2020. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20-year olds; £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About Hatfield Dental Care
Welcome to Hatfield Dental Care providing Dental Health in Doncaster and the surrounding areas in south Yorkshire. We are an established practice which has been here around 35 years with the current Practice owner and Principal being Dr Afsar Hussain who bought the practice in 2012.
We pride ourselves on delivering a warm and friendly service, offering a wide range of dental treatments including cosmetic, implant and facial aesthetics.
Knowing how much confidence a beautiful and healthy smile can change a person’s life we aim to help you achieve this in our newly extended/refurbished practice with two dental practitioners and a Dental Hygiene Therapist.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.