Care Support Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship - Oxfordshire Crossroads at Care First Training Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Care Support Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship - Oxfordshire Crossroads
We provide support in our clients' homes for set periods of time, which range from half hour to several hours visits. Our care support workers are on the frontline of the support we give, working alongside people with care needs. The role is a practical and ensures - through observation and good practice - that the health of our service users does not deteriorate. Full training and support is given by the office along with supervisions and appraisals. All workers have a supervisor who they will report to as well as reporting to the care management team.
Duties will include:
- To enable and / or assist individuals to remain in the community, to be supported and maintained safely in their own homes and thereby enhance the quality of life
- Encouraging your service user’s individuality and independence
- Helping your service user to maintain relationships with neighbours, the neighbourhood and familiar activities and surroundings, providing social contact, especially for service users who live alone
- Assisting other care workers and professionals to provide care for your service user
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Adult Care diploma
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
- Care Certificate
- Flexible on hours
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- None required
- Opportunity for ongoing employment with the company if appropriate
- Additional learning opportunities are also available with specialist healthcare tasks and the Qualifications and Credit Framework
About Oxfordshire Crossroads
Crossroads Care is a registered charity and leading provider of home care services. Whatever your need, we will strive to accommodate you with an inspiring package of care that fits around you and your family. If you like what we do, please support us by clicking on the Virginmoney button below and donating. £25 could provide an hour's respite care, £100 could provide a day out for a disabled child - but no contribution is too small to help us maintain our commitment to enablement.
Crossroads Care has been providing care for over 30 years and is an accredited provider, holding several contracts with local councils. We work closely with the Care Quality Commission to ensure our services are responsive and safe. We currently provide support throughout Oxfordshire, West Berkshire and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.